• Contract Type: Full Time - Permanent
• Department: Marketing
• Number of jobs vacancies: 1
Aspetar is the first specialized Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Hospital in the Gulf region. It provides the highest possible medical treatment for sports-related injuries in a state-of- the-art facility, staffed by some of the world s leading sports medicine practitioners and researchers. Through the delivery of excellence in sports medicine, physiotherapy, sports science, orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation, Aspetar services the needs of football and Sports Clubs and Federations throughout the state of Qatar, and regularly services international athletes and professional sportspeople.
In 2009, Aspetar was accredited as a FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence by F-MARC and in 2014 an IOC Research Centre for Prevention of Injury and Protection of Athlete Health . A core research objective of Aspetar is to produce clinically relevant research that focuses on the etiology, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of sports injuries; thereby assisting athletes in their endeavor to reach their full potential.
Manage the image & reputation of Aspetar with the public in general and partners/stakeholders in particular. Oversee & maintain a favourable image of the organization in the international sports world & in Qatar. Create a strong corporate image for Aspetar, boost the share of regional and international PR & develop strong relations with our key stakeholders.
• Develop and convey a consistent Aspetar image towards internal and external bodies. Lead and manage the PR function s day-to-day activities to ensure successful implementation of approved annual external PR & Media programs involving all Aspetar programs, key stakeholders & local and regional media, to achieve the organization desired brand strategy & its overall business strategy.
• Develop, lead and implement overall public relations plans, programmes and departmental budget insuring high level of performance, output and service to internal partners.
• Create and deliver synchronised PR strategies across all media platforms, both on line and offline, enhancing Aspetar branding strategy and deliver on marketing objectives for Aspetar brand platform
• Manage the day-to-day public relation operations by providing expertise, coaching, encouraging and ensuring teamwork, and aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, meet established budgets and objectives, and ensure employee engagement in a motivated work environment
• Manage the relationship with an external consultant (PR Agency) to deliver PR plan, briefing, facilitating, providing feedback and setting KPIs & annual reviews, in order to build a healthy & productive team based relationship.
• Manage special events such as press conferences, conferences, round tables, or other activities AZF supports in order to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly & engaging key participants.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with key mainstream and specialized Media and act as the key contact for enquiries, quotes, interviews, etc. in order to establish and lead working relationships with all key media and other members of the public.
• Build, grow, maintain and activate Aspetar network of contacts & multiple stakeholders within sports in order to gain significant exposure & awareness for Aspetar and its programs.
• Provides feedback, strategic insight and direction to communication team for implementation of internal communication strategy and online PR utilization.
• Develop and oversee implementation of long-term strategy for community relations entrench the Aspetar reputation amongst its stakeholders (employees, sports community, local community, government authorities).
• Develop annual PR & media plan for Aspetar through closely working with AZF marketing. Plan and coordinate Aspetar global attendance at nominated local or international events & exhibitions aligning with business objectives, advising on publicity requirement & liaising with various parties on the preparation of publicity materials & PR coverage.
• Support the Marketing initiative by developing and implementing the PR & Media plan.
• Source and create content and engaging/effective written communications for PR, through identifying potential media stories from visiting athletes, key guests, management, etc.
• Produce corporate communication & PR material with help of communication, including, Press releases, Media kits, Interviews, brochures, photography, films and other audio-visual assets. Will also draft speeches for Aspetar management executives. Maintain company archives of News, PRs interviews, visits, etc.
• Assist in the effective achievement of functional objectives, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing, training and motivating staff and providing formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and unit performance and contribute to overall business performance.
• Ensure implementation of PR and events policies, processes, procedures, guidelines, standards in order to ensure consistency in the delivery of communication messages and events in line with the marketing and communications strategy and best practice standards.
• Assist Aspetar Crisis Communication Team in reputation & crisis management situations, providing advice and developing crisis communication plans & media/stakeholder management approach during crisis.
• Submit periodical reports on PR and Media coverage trend reports.
• Assume any other responsibilities as directed by the direct supervisor.
• Provide guidance and direct input to the development plans and performance management of direct reports to meet the AZF objectives.
• 9 - 11 years commercial marketing work experience. 3-6 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry.
• Working knowledge of public relations and general communication principles, practices and techniques.
• Bachelor s degree Business Administration with specialization in Marketing/ Public Relation/ Communications.
• Ability to use independent judgement and to gather, manage and impart information to various other internal and external audiences.
• Ability to organize, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate with other PR related activities and events.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to : ( Recruitment.Team@aspetar.com )
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
Advertising / Media Planning / PR