We are seeking an experienced head of project management/associate partner to join our successful project and building consultancy department in an established chartered surveying firm. The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical knowledge, good business acumen, exceptional people management skills and have experience working in the UAE.
What this opportunity involves:
This role will involve providing high calibre project management services to prestigious clients and assisting with the business s strategic direction across the GCC region. You will be responsible for successfully managing the delivery of projects through approved contractors and consultants, ensuring that budgets are not exceeded, projects are delivered on time and to the requisite quality standards and that the brand s integrity is maintained.
The ideal candidate needs to be proactive, have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and add value. Reporting to the CEO, you will be accountable for the translation of strategy into planning, implementation and successful delivery of projects.
• Take a lead role in the business development of the project and building consultancy department.
• Develop the client brief and project execution plans to suit the specific requirements of the project.
• Administer complex building contracts, proactively managing and confirming the compliance of contractors/consultants to the contract terms and conditions.
• Assist with the compilation of tender documents and critically review tender returns, contract negotiations, award of contracts and client reporting.
• Manage and maintain relationships with existing and new potential clients, ensuring that every client receives sufficient support to enhance the ongoing relationship.
• Manage local government approval processes.
• Develop project documentation, programs, master budget etc.
• Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects.
• Ensure methodologies, reporting standards and processes are at the highest level of quality.
• Allocate appropriate resources to ensure that projects, enhancements and support are completed within a committed time, scope and budget.
• Create, develop and support standards, processes and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team and to work effectively with the other teams and consultants.
• Deliver projects within the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
• Ensure coverage of all areas of expertise necessary to support and grow the business.
• Degree in project management or similar technical discipline is essential.
• A chartered member of the RICS, CIOB or equivalent is essential.
• Extensive technical delivery experience gained within a tier 1 consultancy or end user client environment.
• Demonstrable experience in managing project controls on large, mixed use construction projects in the region.
• Proven tact and diplomacy in dealing with all types of clients and organisations.
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
• Inception through to completion experience in a senior role.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with a fluent proficiency in English.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority.
• Valid UAE driving license.
What you can expect from us:
At Cavendish Maxwell, we foster a strong culture of mutual cooperation and knowledge sharing, where teams collaborate to address common problems and raise standards across the organisation.
We believe in investing in the most valuable resource we have: our people. As part of this practice, we provide unique opportunities to work as part of a multidisciplinary consultancy alongside highly qualified colleagues coming from all over the world.
We also provide a competitive tax-free salary and benefits package that is in line with industry standards, which we know is essential in attracting and retaining the best talent. If you are seeking a place where you will be taught, challenged, recognised and rewarded, in a diverse yet inclusive environment, Cavendish Maxwell is the organisation for you.