• Strong knowledge of and background in information technology-related (IT) advocacy issues as they apply to the telecommunications regulatory environment.
• Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, political and educational institution levels.
• 8 years of experience representing a large company or association, preferably in the telecommunications sector, before national and local policymakers, including significant experience running public policy advocacy campaigns.
• Must have fluent written and spoken English.
• Ability to maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
• Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
• Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
• Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
• Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
• A Bachelor s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Public Policy, etc.). An advanced degree is preferred.