SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to transform work into energy, and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves every day to projects with a spirit of adventure where risk-taking is mitigated by preparation.
Thanks to their energy and our evolving expertise, we assist our clients from the engineering phase of their projects through to operations.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution, and it is thanks to their trust that SPIE Oil & Gas Services deploys the most comprehensive range of services on the market in over 30 countries.
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC Qatar for:
Head Piping Engineer:
This position is responsible for all project activities related to Piping engineering. He will steward Piping engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of Piping engineering scope. Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete Piping engineering activities.
Your main duties will be:
• Stewards all phases of Piping engineering and ensures that the Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost objectives of the project are met within his/her area of responsibility
• Coordinates Piping input to multi-discipline activities to ensure equipment packages with Piping scope designed are designed well and in time.
• Delivers quality Piping engineering work products in a timely manner to support construction activities and eventually pre-commissioning/commissioning of Piping scopes.
• Supports Operations during the Start-up of Piping Systems.;
• Provides leadership, mentoring, coaching and career development opportunities to direct reports.
• Leads NFE Onshore Project Team’s successful execution of Piping requirements throughout project life.
• Drives the EPC Contractor’s Piping deliverables in accordance with the Project Specifications and the Engineering Surveillance Plan.
• Demonstrates ability to plan and schedule work (short term and long term) and ensures execution of work plan by sub-ordinates.
• Coordinates Piping technical support for procurement, quality, testing and construction activities.
• Provides technical advisory support to the NFE Onshore Project Engineering Manager on Piping system design issues.
• Supports risk management activities as required. Provide overall Piping engineering technical leadership and expertise.
• Participates in Piping technical specification review and approval.
• Performs timely review of specifications and documentation to ensure that project schedules are maintained.
• Stewards EPC contractor's activities with respect to Piping including:
• Detail Piping engineering
• Development and design of the Piping system
• Development of the schedule, recommended deliverables, and labor hour estimate for Piping System.
• Adherence to engineering and quality surveillance plans including interfacing with Company’s Vendor Quality Surveillance Engineer.
• Measurement and reporting of physical progress
• Selection, specification, and inspection of Piping components
• Procurement of Piping bid evaluations, bid tabulations, bid recommendations, etc.
• Reviews, evaluates and advises the NFE Onshore Project Team and Operating Company staff concerning:
• Piping specifications
• Compliance with design methods and safety and security factors to be used in design of project.
• Technical bid tabulations for Piping systems
• Assists NFE Onshore Project Team in meeting QGPMS expectations as required
• Provides support to implementation of agreed lessons learned.
• Support implementation of vendor documentation requirements and spare parts requirements.