Key Result Areas:
• Conducts assessments, verifications and general monitoring of onshore site activities, to support Project quality, safety, schedule and cost objectives .
• Prepares weekly site reports to highlight accomplishments and issues that affect product quality.
• Develops and issues deficiency and/or non-conformance reports.
• Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors.
• Reviews and approves contractors' procedures and ITPs and approves CVs of contractors' quality personnel.
• Liases with relevant stakeholders to overcome quality related obstacle's or roadblocks.
• Participates in and contributes to Contractor sponsored Quality Walks.
• Supports and monitors Contractor/Subcontractor quality audits.
• Ensures Contractor activities are performed in accordance with requirements, and approved specifications, plans and procedures .
• Interfaces with outside entities , such as consultants, vendors and/or certification/accreditation bodies.
• Ensures deficiencies are identified and reported, and that the root causes of the deficiencies are addressed.
• Ensures Contractors have relevant and up-to-date information related to codes, standards, specifications and Contract documentation.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
• Works in an evolving business environment where expansion opportunities are being identified on a continuous basis adding additional complexity and workload to the existing project environment.
• Works effectively within established procedures, or creates and endorses new procedures as necessary to further develop the Project Management philosophy.
• Works on large capital expenditure projects in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills .
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
• Interacts effectively with QG management and external stakeholders, including statutory auditors, shareholder auditors and other entities to discuss project practices and issues.
• Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, self-confidence, fairness and is capable of clearly and forcefully communicating PMT Quality expectations and status to multiple layers of management within QG and the Contractor's organization
• Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance for staff and internal customers. Is expected to handle all but the most complex problems and difficulties that might arise.
• Takes initiatives, based on experienced gained, to deliver timely and cost effective service.
• Sets situations/issues in the context of the entire team and has an appreciation of the wider relationships with other people and organizations.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
• Works independently within established procedures, plans and budgets and contributes to the development of these.
• Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors .
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience .
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years broad construction Quality management experience in oil and gas development projects.
• Experience in CRA pipeline projects .
• Strong, assertive Quality management leadership skills . Must be capable of forcefully communicating Quality requirements, results and status throughout Company and contractor management and craft labor levels.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook e-mail systems .
• Fluent English.
If this of your interest, Kindky apply.
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :
Quality / Testing / QA / QC / Inspector