The main curriculum goal is to adequately prepare students to study a range of health science degrees such as nursing, paramedic, Emergency Medical Training (EMT) at higher education institutions. The programme aims to increase health literacy, improve self-efficacy, enhance social responsibility and introduce students to Health careers. Students learn to obtain, interpret and apply health information and services in ways that protect and promote personal, family, and community health.
The Ministry of Education have implemented a new Health Sciences curriculum for boys and girls, to empower students with the necessary skills to help them realise their full potential. The Health Sciences curriculum is delivered in all Cycle 3 Boys and Girls schools across the UAE (Grades 11 and 12). The Ministry of Education is leading a change in the education system across the UAE and aim to prepare students for a better tomorrow, equipping them with the necessary skills to become valuable members of their respected communities.
• A new curriculum that covers a range of topics to include Health and Wellness, Psychology, Nutrition, First Aid and Safety, Disease Prevention, Dealing with Accidents and Emergencies.
• A highly practical and theoretical driven curriculum that recognises the value in developing the student as a whole.
• Students acquire health and life skills through a broad range of topics in order to avoid risk of injury to self and others, at home, school, and in the community.
• Students are enabled to comprehend the holistic concept of health and wellness and its relationship to healthy lifestyle.
• Students will enhance their critical thinking and awareness about environmental hazards and their impact.
As a Teacher of Health Sciences, you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery. You will be fully committed to raising attainment and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards. You will be the leading example in your school and go above and beyond your duties to ensure students receive the best possible learning experience and fully prepare students to commence higher education.
The teacher of Health Sciences will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
• To promote and drive the Health Sciences curriculum forward in line with the vision of the Ministry of Education.
• To provide outstanding teaching to maximise students achievement across a wide and diverse range of healthrelated topics.
• To ensure all our students are able to thrive and engage in both academic and vocational learning.
• To ensure all our students achieve their full potential and become well rounded individuals.
• To execute and support the planning and delivery of a diverse programme that meets the individual needs of each student.
• To support and challenge students of varying levels of ability.
• To motivate and inspire students and empower them to commit to personal development.