• At least High School graduate. Trade course graduate will be an advantage.
• 3 years' experience in servicing and repairs of mining and earth moving equipment and underground safety mining practices.
• Carries out servicing of Company Mobil Plant pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. Includes inspecting distributor elements, fluid levels, connections, covers, lubricants moving parts, replacing items such as spark plugs, contact points, filters, fluids, adjusts plugs, tunes engine, and other related items, etc. in accordance with checklists and specified operational parameters.
• Diagnoses faulty equipment, identifies maintenance procedures, decides on repairs or replacement of components, carries out necessary repairs and checks work upon completion.
• Repairs, overhauls and reconditions defective or worn out components and units. Includes disassembling units or component parts, establishing faults, obtaining and installing appropriate parts, or mending or fabricating same, as required.
• Participates in the work of other personnel making more routine repairs to mechanical equipment. Includes checking work progress of less experienced mechanics, answering emergency calls to repair equipment, engines at surface and underground locations.
• Ensures proper implementation of the scheduled maintenance programs in accordance with manufacturer s instructions and instructions from supervisor. Includes reviewing work programs submitted and checking against established and detailed schedules.
• Carries out other similar or related duties such as cleaning general mechanical equipment, salvaging parts and materials where possible, observing all fire and safety regulations, etc.
For manpower pooling. Beware of illegal recruiters and traffickers.