The American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Helpdesk Analyst.
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to provide technical support to all campus users
• Provide telephone and email support to users on IT Related issues and queries. Identify, resolve or crate the case
in the helpdesk system and assign to the Help Desk technicians.
• Respond to questions from callers and walk-ins; remotely assist students, staff, and faculty with technology
problems; assist in person with problems at the Help Desk office.
• Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Help Desk contacts using call-tracking
• Follow-up with the end users to insure their cases were resolved.
• Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
• Assist other Information Technology Services (ITS) staff with maintaining network operations.
• Assist with modifying and developing technical and user support procedure manuals, reference guides and
network and hardware related documents
Competencies and Skills Used:
• Technical knowledge of the following:
• Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Outlook,Office365, Office applications
• Network components (Switches, Hubs, etc.)
• PC hardware & software troubleshooting
• Analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, customer service
experience strongly desired.
• Organization and time management skills.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask
effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• At least 2-3 years’ technical support in a network environment supporting various end users
• Diploma, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and computers
• Technical certification or proficiency in Core Products
• Strong professional recommendations
Desired Additional Qualifications:
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.