TAISM announces an extraordinary opportunity for a High School History/Social Studies Teacher *TENTATIVE* to join our team. If you re a certified teacher with the necessary experience, we invite you to apply to be a part of TAISM s commitment to academic, social and professional excellence.
We know that being an overseas educator is more than educational credentials, experience and qualifications. If you're confident, flexible and innovative - with an adventurous spirit - we want you to be a part of a team that creates the best possible learning environment for our students. Reporting to the High School Principal, the HS History/Social Studies Teacher will be joining dynamic, top-notch HS professionals who not only enjoy teaching and learning, but also enjoy working with students. The 190 international high school students attending the school flourish in small class sizes through their studies in a liberal arts standards-based curriculum.
The selected candidate will deliver a balanced Social Studies program and demonstrate the ability to appropriately utilize a variety of teaching strategies and resources for each area taught. This role requires innovation in the use of technology to support learning, and the ability to communicate with and obtain feedback from students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding. Key to your success will be your talent to recognize student diversity and create an atmosphere conducive to the promotion of positive student involvement and self-concept. The teaching responsibilities include US and World History, with the potential of an elective (e.g. Economics, AP Comparative Government and Politics, Psychology).
If you're saying, "I'm that teacher, read on for a snapshot of your accountabilities:
• Demonstrates knowledge of US standards-based curriculum
• Comprehends the principles of student growth, development and learning, and applies them appropriately
• Effectively utilizes standards-based student assessment and grading procedures
• Manages the educational setting in a manner that promotes positive student behavior and a safe and healthy environment
• Works collaboratively with colleagues in the development of vertically articulated curriculum
• Demonstrates a willingness to examine and implement change as appropriate
• Valid, US-recognized teaching certificate
• Bachelor's degree in History/Social Science
• Minimum of three years experience teaching a North American high school History/Social Studies standards-based curriculum
• Demonstrated passion for and love of teaching
• Desire to work with a wide range of high school students, with diverse interests, abilities, and nationalities
• Proven track record of success in preparing students to be college ready
• Demonstrated experience contributing to the school community, both within and outside the subject area, including co-curricular activities (clubs, coaching, etc.)
"Nice to Have"
• Master s degree (MAT with a concentration in History or Social Sciences)
• Experience with HS co-curricular activities- preferably leadership of Model United Nations (MUN)
• Experience teaching a wide range of nationalities