JOB TITLE: Travel Consultant
REPORTING TO: Travel Manager
LOCATION: Dubai, UAE
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Global Office
Travel Consultant are responsible for coordinating, promoting and booking travel arrangements for individuals, groups and businesses travels to enhance satisfaction and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele. Offer an advice and opinions on where to go and local tourist attractions, events and customs. Travel Consultant shall provide a high level of assistance to the Travel Manager.
• Handling a portfolio of clients and agents travel requests.
• Providing travel consultancy with detailed destination knowledge.
• Processing reservations and booking confirmations to agents and affiliate offices
• Preparing proposals and detailed itineraries for clients.
• Negotiating with suppliers and hotels.
• Dealing with customer inquiries and aiming to meet their expectations.
• Coordinating with internal operations to ensure the delivery to clients.
• Organize travel arrangement from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
• Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns.
• Maintain relationships with both suppliers and clients.
• Reach the revenue and profit targets.
• Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills as and when requested
• Other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
• University Degree in Tourism/Travel/Hospitality or any related field.
• Proven working experience as a travel consultant for minimum 2-3 years in outbound tours and customer service in travel industry.
SPECIFIC / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Excellent knowledge of traveling software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel)
• Well experienced in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc.)
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• Proficient in computer skills (word, excel, power point etc.)
• Well-versed in IT Skills (MS Office database management)
• Passionate about delivering excellence, detailed, customer focused and results oriented.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to work in cross-functional (departments) teams.
• Identify, capture and analyse business requirements.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain a level of professionalism in moments of stress.
• Attention to detail with the ability to work under own initiative
• Effectively organizing and prioritizing workloads
• Ability to multitask, take initiative, work efficiently, and be flexible with quick turnaround projects if they come up
• Time management and organizational skills are a must
• Exemplary sales skills and customer-oriented approach
• Manages difficulty and complexity
• Acts with integrity
• Effective communication
• Data analysis
• Business Thinking
• Innovates/introduces improvements
• Commitment to achieve
• Engaging Others
• Solutions driven
• Uses analytical techniques
• Delivers against obstacles
• Attention to detail and quality
• Problem solving
• People orientated
• Effective communicator
• Builds and promotes the value of team collaboration
• Acknowledges and gives credit to others