1. Monitors the Arrival and Departure of Elite guests.
2. Schedule the Front Office Receptionists to provide maximum service to guests within budgeted guidelines.
3. Train the receptionists and supervise them in the performance of their duties.
4. Conduct performance evaluations and discipline employees when needed.
5. Communicate closely with the night manager and other assistant managers to ensure follow up on special guests, issues/glitches, requests etc.
6. Review daily arrivals and departure to ensure proper handling of VIP and return guests, groups etc and escort them to or from their rooms respectively.
7. Control room rate availability on full house nights to maximize occupancy and revenue while protecting guaranteed reservations. Handle relocation (aka walking guests) of guests according to established procedures.
8. Maintain close contact with other hotels with regard to their status on full house nights or blackout dates.
9. Ensure adherence to all credit procedures in the Front Office; review high balance reports and follow up on credit problems/queries with Accounting and Front Desk Manager.
10. Review all Paid Outs, Rebates, Petty Cash Reimbursements, Direct Billings and other.
11. Check the cashier s work at close of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
12. Inspect guest rooms and tour the hotel during each shift, completing maintenance requests through HotSOS as needed.
13. Complete evening Housekeeping report and follow up on discrepancies.
14. Assist other departments as required in resolving problems.
15. Handle guest problems/complaints and requests, keeping the Front Desk Manager well informed as to problems and action taken, using the Glitch Database and other communication (verbal and written).
16. Act in the absence of senior management in all matters concerning safety, security and well-being of hotel guests, patrons and employees.
17. Utilize the computer systems in place as well as the telephone switchboard.
18. Assist in emergency situations as per established procedures.
19. Coordinate arrivals, departures, billing requirements, extensions, and cancellations with sales/catering/reservations etc at any time of day.
20. Ensure room discrepancies are resolved.
21. Ability to assist PBX, reservations, valet parking, concierge and bell staff when business levels warrant.
22. Monitors the VIP 111 Elite guest emails and calls.
23. Works closely with telephone operator to monitor wake up calls are punctual and meets guests for a seamless departure.
24. Supervises the staff of the entire hotel during the overnight shift. Works closely with the staff from all departments to assure that standards are being met. Is the direct supervisor of the Front Desk during the overnight shift Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons policies.
25. Manages the activities at the Front Desk during the overnight shift. Directs staff. Ensures communications and follow-up with day shift on any problems, guest requests or special requirements.
26. Frequently tours the hotel and monitors the activities of all other departments. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
27. Personally handles all guest relocation according to established guidelines.
28. Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
29. Reviews late arrivals, next day early arrivals and departures to plan for the next day s activities. Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
30. Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. When taking a shift at the desk, follows up on credit problems. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Checks cashiers work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
31. Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees without requiring special direction. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
32. Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
33. Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports, run night audit reports, and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
34. Complies with Four Seasons Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
35. Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
36. Checks Staff facilities such as Locker Rooms and Staff Dining Room to assure that they are operating at Four Seasons standards. Communicate to HR when they are not. Acts as a liaison for overnight shift with HR.
37. Assists with responsibilities and duties as required throughout the hotel.
38. Provides basic trouble-shooting support for in-room services such as Internet, TV movies, games, and Web service.
39. Works closely with Bell Staff to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries and special requests.
40. Works closely with Security Staff to handle any guest emergency or safety concerns.