Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest s expectations.
• To take responsibility for the hotel when the General Manager is not present
• Effectively coordinate the Executive Office to ensure efficiency
• Will provide input for the creation and implementation of promotional activities with all Divisions
• To prepare, review, and manage annual Budgets and Capital Expenditure plans, Analyse Profit & Loss, and assist in implementing strategies to increase both rooms yield and RevPAR, thus ensuring overall revenue maximisation
• To ensure there is a continuous focus and drive on all Quality Monitoring tools / Key Performance Indicators (KPI), including MOQA, LRA, LQE, and TrustYou
• Thoroughly investigate all guest feedback and report to the General Manager with plans of action
• Manage all guest correspondence; this must be acknowledged or answered within two days of being received
• Maintain high visibility and involvement with customers; greet guests and be visible in public areas at peak times, lunch, and evening
• Good personal contact with all staff is essential. Bring to the attention of the General Manager any potential problems or needs of any individuals or groups of colleagues
• Continuously review ways of improving the standard processes in customer service
• Inspect facilities continuously. Inspect, at least weekly, floors and various rooms, suites, and apartments. Report to appropriate department heads any deficiencies and follow up to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taken
• Provide assistance and professional input with the development of Profit Maximising Initiatives and revenue generating strategies
• Assist in conducting monthly departmental financial reviews
• Ensure all managers have an understanding of the financial aspects of the hotel
• Act as the mentor and coach for managers by engaging them in projects and learning initiatives, and ensuring that appraisals and feedback sessions are regularly held
• Offer assistance in analysing and planning labour costs to ensure operationally-effective colleagues and payroll costs
• Minimum 10 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment
• Minimum 5 years hotel operations experience
• A minimum of 2 year s experience as a Director of Operations, Resident Manager or Hotel Manager
• International experience with GCC and/or Doha preferred
• Vocational Diploma in Hospitality / Hotel Management
• Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management
• If you are interested in joining our team apply today!