Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area. Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering. Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms. Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items. Make beds and fold terry. Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items. Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order. Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances. Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings. Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance. Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
• Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
• Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
• Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
• Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
• Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
• Policies and Procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
• Working with Others
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
• Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
• Physical Tasks
• Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance.
• Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart over sloping and uneven surfaces.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
• Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
• Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
• Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects)
• Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
• Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
• Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
• Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
• Contact Engineering, At Your Service (AYS), Delighted to Serve (DTS), or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs.
• Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
• Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following OSHA regulations and corporate standards.
• Respond promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
• Transport cart to assigned area and position securely, following procedures for cart positioning.
• Return cart to designated area at the end of shift.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk