NOVOTEL Sharjah Expo
Designed for natural living Novotel, the AccorHotels group s mid-scale brand, has nearly 496 hotels and resorts in 58 countries, located at the heart of major international cities, in business areas and tourist destinations. With a homogeneousnbspservice in all its hotels, Novotelnbspcontributes to the well-being of business and leisure travellers: spacious and adaptable rooms, balanced meals 24/7, meeting rooms, caring staff, dedicated children s areas and fitness rooms.nbspNovotel hotels are also pioneers of sustainable development by participating in the Green globe global certification programme.
To manage the department as a professional, efficient and flexible service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction consistent with the hotel s standard and Accor International Standards, through planning, organizing, directing and controlling the Housekeeping operation and administration.
• The scope of work is to include but not restricted to the afore mentioned points
• To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established during the Induction
• To be familiar with the policies and procedures concerning fire, emergency evacuation, accidents, bomb threats, law and order situations and to take appropriate action in order to protect guests, staff and the hotel property in any given situation
• To carry out all assigned tasks in accordance and under the guidance of the Standard Operating Procedures of the Hotel and owning company.
• To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times as per the grooming standards.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the Place of Work and all other departments.
• To attend and contribute to all talents meetings Departmental and participate in Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
• To fully support the Departmental Training Function in the Department assigned.
• To respond to any changes in the Hotel & Housekeeping Department function as dictated by the business and policies
• To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
• To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
• To be fully aware and conversant of Accor spirit, values and goals and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
• To be fully aware and conversant of Accor environmental charter and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
• To be fully aware and conversant of Acting Planet 21 ISO 14001 policies and procedures and responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
• To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on rooms and hotel related service and product
• To personally and frequently verify that guests check-in / out are receiving the best possible service.
• To spend time in the Housekeeping (during peak periods) to ensure that the area is managed well by the respective team and functions to the fullest expectations.
• To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
• To ensure that the Housekeeping team projects a warm, professional and welcoming image.
• To constantly strive to please all guests that she/he may come in contact with during her/his work hours.
• To ensure through effective supervision that all services in the housekeeping are always available and are carried out with utmost efficiency and courtesy as per the Departmental Operations Manual.
• Minimum of 3- 5 year's UAE experience in Hospitality Industrynbspfor the same position
• Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
• Communication skills: PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
• Languages: fluent in English and the national language, a 3rd language will be a plus.
• Significant experience in a customer-service position
• Ability to train and develop talents
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative
• Excellent Organizational skills
• Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
Contact: Talent and Culture Team
Job ID: 82584014