Responsible for assisting in the overall management of the Housekeeping Department.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
• Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
• Monitor and control operation of various sections including, but not limited to linen room, uniform room, floors, public areas, offices and storerooms.
• Inventory, issue and control use of linen, amenities, cleaning supplies and other housekeeping supplies.
• Prepare staff schedules and payroll.
• Ensure guest complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
• Maintain employee attendance, uniform and room history cards.
• Prepare purchase requisition forms. Compare requisitions and receipts to invoices. Present accurate bills to Assistant Housekeeping Manager for approval.
• Responsible for lost and found.
• Recommend hiring, developing, counseling, motivating and disciplining staff in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
• Maintain accurate records of linen and uniforms sent to and returned from laundry.
• Support and uphold hotel philosophy concerning hiring, employee relations, supervision, and disciplinary action.
• Interact in courteous and professional manner with all guests, staff and community members.
• Respond in courteous, professional and rapid manner in order to resolve all guest and staff difficulties.
• Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of nonstandard intellectual and practical problems in order to perform and direct many varied and complex tasks.
• Supervise, direct, coordinate, influence and persuade staff in order to maintain service standards of hotel.
• Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly interaction with supervisor, subordinates, co-workers, and guests in completing assignments, resolving staff and guest complaints.
• Interpret and comply with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
• Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain cleanliness and safety of work area.
• All other duties as required.
• Experience: Minimum three months supervisory experience; previous experience in a housekeeping department for a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel.
• Education: High school diploma; some college.
• General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of hotel and housekeeping department operations; thoroughnbspknowledge of computerized hotel systems; ability to access, input, analyze and retrieve information from computers; ability to maintain excellent relations with staff; ability to maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times; ability to accept responsibility for actions of others; ability to manage by example; exceptional oral communication skills to ensure ability to negotiate. and persuade guests and staff to achieve results beneficial to operation of hotel; ability to converse calmly with irate guests, co-workers, superiors and subordinates in sometimes intense emotional situations; ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve dates, names, times and other data; ability to add and subtract three digit numbers; ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but, not limited to dollars, cents, feet, inches, cups, pounds and ounces; ability to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to participate in all departmental and hotel-wide meetings.
• Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
• Licenses & Certifications: None required.
Contact: Recruitment Team
Job ID: 82249448