HR Assistant (National Position), Mosul, Nineveh
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC has been operating in Iraq since 2010, to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by ongoing conflict in the region. NRC has a country office in Erbil, KR-I, and area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Nineveh.
NRC s national program strategy for 2018 will facilitate a shift from emergency response tools towards longer term initiatives, while maintaining the effective delivery of robust emergency response. In 2018, NRC Iraq will maintain a sectoral focus on education, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and livelihoods interventions, complemented by post-emergency WASH and shelter interventions with a two pronged approach within CCCM: both in-camp, and in urban and peri-urban areas. Cash-based and innovative programming will be at the centre of NRC Iraq s efforts. NRC will prioritize assistance to those who have been left outside of social assistance schemes and recovery and reconstruction efforts, which will have prevented them from seeking durable solutions.
In 2018, NRC s target population will be new underserved communities and locations, with a focus on IDPs returning to destroyed and disrupted communities unable to reintegrate due to insecurity. NRC will also prioritise serving vulnerable IDPs unable to return for reasons outside of their control, and responding to short-term displacement as a result of localized conflict and asymmetric attacks.
The purpose of Human Resources Assistant is to assist in implementing day to day activities to support programmes with the supervision of Line Manager and assist HR department to function efficiently and effectively. The main duty of the HR Assistant is to assist in the staff recruitment throughout the process. HR Assistant will be reporting to HR Officer. The position will be based Nineveh Area Office.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A University Graduate in management or relevant fields with minimum (1) one-year experience working as HR assistant in humanitarian/recovery context (INGO). Ideally the candidate should be able to use MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. S/he should have the ability to prioritize responsibilities, carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to meet deadlines. Fluency in spoken and written English and local language is a must. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct is essential.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensure and maintain daily management of the attendance sheet.
• Ensure monthly timesheet are done by staff within the office area and kept at HR files.
• To maintain good archiving system for HR files.
• To maintain the incentive workers records in the line with NRC related standard operation procedures (SOP).
• Assist on preparing the monthly payroll.
• Assist in plan and support on the staff performance management and appraisal calendar and content.
• To facilitate and advise staff on the local medical insurance.
• To report all HR activities in Weekly/ Monthly basis to the line manager.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
• A strong administrative service orientation
• Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure
• Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills
• Personal conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and team working skills
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Basic employee counselling skills
• Highly confidential
The post will be for (6) eight-months contract duration with possibility of extension subject to funds and satisfactory performance.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary scale
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Nineveh Area Office.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Related documents Job Description
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :
HR / Human Relations / Industrial Relations