To partner with a defined group of managers within both the designated Retail Sales Areas (RSA) as well as Support Office to deliver business aligned people strategies that build people capability and achieve higher levels of performance.
To provide leadership and act as a HR subject matter expert on a wide range of HR issues. Coach and advise managers in the delivery of appropriate HR interventions, ensuring that the advice minimises risk to business and aligns with core people processes.
• Business Partnering
• Build strong and credible relationships with Management, acting as a coach and mentor and advising on all people issues, plans and strategies
• Conduct monthly structured HR Business partnering meetings with key stakeholders to drive achievement of HR KPI’s agreeing actions for coming month
• Working with the Managers to utilise the results from the VIBE employee satisfaction survey to address key underlying issues affecting employees’ attitudes
• Working with other key areas of HR and the business to ensure effective employee communication, consultation and service
• Implement the People Strategy agreed with the business in a timely and effective manner. Report out the feedback collated through engagement
• Take part in projects and company initiatives to ensure the continued development of the business and its staff
• Take the lead on coaching people managers to handle difficult issues and work with them to develop appropriate solutions to address sensitive people issues and ensure policies are understood and implemented correctly
• Deliver business change through effective planning and stakeholder management and develop detailed project plans to support the implementation where appropriate
• Work with the business to build a high performance culture and coach people managers and leaders on strategies for talent identification, nurturing their talent, and development of their people.
• Support effective delivery of reward and recognition programmes including salary, bonus and incentive reviews ensuring consistency.
• Guide people managers on salary review process
• Establish relationships with local union representatives and works councils and understand and contribute to the wider ER agenda.
• Work with the L&D team to support the wider development agenda
• Work proactively with other HR teams to share learning and best practice
Recruitment and Selection
• To oversee and support where necessary the Recruitment team in effective recruitment of frontline staff and Support function roles, monitoring quality and turnover and putting countermeasures in place to retain employees
• To manage through exit interview MI, succession planning and retention strategies
• To provide Management with resourcing trend analysis data, and proactively guiding them to take appropriate measures
• Provide advice to Management on resourcing
• Coach managers in recruitment and selection techniques where required
• Advise managers on all staff related matters and guide on employment law issuesTo case manage all discipline, grievance and counselling and to ensure it takes place in line with Company procedures, is fair and reasonable
• Conduct internal investigations where required engaging appropriate internal resources and escalating on high risk or criminal activity
• To monitor all employee relations issues highlighting and identifying areas of concern and taking effective countermeasures
• To monitor and ensure that long and short term absence issues are effectively managed, minimising the cost and disruption wherever possible
• Liaise and advise Management and act as point of contact with employment law solicitors and specialist HR departments on any Employment claims
• Ensure that redundancies are conducted in line with legislation, Company policy and Company values
Manpower and Succession Planning
• Working closely with Management and wider HR community in ensuring that key roles have successors identified and employees being developed to fulfil future vacancies
• Support development plans for identified talent and ensure all people plans align with global approach
• Utilise MI provided by core HR to highlight trends, monitor turnover, absence, employee satisfaction, reward and benefit information etc.
• Deliver a monthly set of reports to the key stakeholders to data on HR related KPIs and trend analysis, with commentary outlining areas of focus
• Analyse the information and ensure that Management fully understand the trends and make recommendations to ensure productivity and profitability