Requisition ID: 206661
The HSSE Supervisor will be responsible to develop and assist in the implementation of the safety management program for the Entities/Ministries on any assigned Project, through coaching, training and mentoring.
The HSSE Supervisor provides technical oversight of the Project Safety/Health compliance activities through identification and integration of applicable standards and requirements.
Works directly with other Project-level functional leads (e.g. engineering, construction, procurement, project controls, document controls) to assist them in integrating and /or addressing the applicable Safety/Health requirements in their work products and activities.
• Partners with the Mashroat organization to develop an integrated talent development and knowledge transfer strategy with the aim to fulfill the vision and mission of serving the ministries and entities to build world class Project Management competency based on Saudi Nationals.
• Provide technical assistance to other project-assigned leads (e.g. engineering, procurement, project controls) with regards to compliance with project specific Safety/Health requirements.
• Participate in meetings and advise customers and project team members of safety requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
• Maintain and update the Mashroat procedures and templates.
Promote and develop a Safety Culture within the Mashroat organization.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience and a cultural understanding of Project Management within KSA.
• Must have work experience as a HSE Supervisor/Manager on large scale projects
• Significant experience on Projects' in the field of HSE discipline.
• Advanced knowledge of a field of environmental and/or safety engineering, process safety, health or related discipline.
• Knowledge on and being able to demonstrate the requirements and implementation of the Safety Management System (e.g.ISO 18001)
• Knowledge of HSE engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
• Experience in leading and managing all aspects of HSE on projects or facilities.
• Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of national and international HSE laws/regulations and regulatory/resource agencies permitting processes and responsibilities, industry standards for HSE compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential HSE impacts during project execution.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods and work processes.
• Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
• Demonstrated experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of HSE contractors/subcontractors or consultants during construction.
• Technical knowledge of hazardous materials and waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques.
• Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to industrial hygiene, health physics, safety engineering, and environmental compliance.
• Extensive experience in implementing and managing HSE training programs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• The above is normally acquired through any of the below:
• A recognized degree from an accredited college or university
• A sufficient number of specialized courses and professional certifications
Broad, progressive work experience in environmental, safety and health across multiple industries.
Shaping tomorrow together