The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Implements the recruitment and selection process for the property, ensuring the Global Recruitment System
(GRS) is fully leveraged to source, identify, screen, interview and select diverse high caliber talent.
Specifically relates to non-management recruiting, internal applications and Employee Referral Programme.
• Works with Hiring Managers to execute talent sourcing strategies and best practices to identify line
staff and ensure manning of hourly roles is progressed with consideration to time to fill and quality of hire metrics.
• Supports the operation of recruiting events to help establish staff for hotel(s).
• Supports the onboarding process for all new hires, liaising with HR Operatio ns and the Government Relations /
Protocol departments to ensure flight tickets, housing and visa are arranged in good time and in line with budget/forecasting controls.
• Works with hiring managers on open non-management roles, to balance the development of existing talent and
• Day-to-day accountability for ensuring the property s selection and interviewing process is in line with
Company standards and geared to focus on quality of hire.
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Interviews candidates with Hiring Manager present.
• Creates engaging and creative advertisements of open positions in appropriate venues to attract a
diverse candidate pool.
• Follows property interview guidelines and ensures a consistent screening criterion is used.
• Monitors and supports the selection/non-selection and offer processes to verify proper procedures
are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection, applicants receive status notifications).
• Works with Government Relations team on visa processes for associates and staying up to date with changes
and challenges in accordance with Dubai and UAE law.
Learning and Development
• Involved in the arrangement and facilitation of the property s Orientation program to drive successful
integration of management and hourly employees into the organization that supports a strong culture and brand strategy activation, taking an active part in the facilitation of the program.
• Ensures compliance of all Marriott statutory classroom and e-Learning courses.
• Administers the Marriott e-Learning platform, MyLearning .
• Leads, facilitates and supports all Marriott and JW Marriott on-property training programs, on a need
• Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
• Works with Talent Development leaders to implement specific training to i mprove service performance.
• Proudly represents brand values and Company philosophy in all training and development activities.
• Collects and inputs data for use in Talent Development of analytics and metrics to measure the success and
effectiveness of TA and L&D.
• Assisting with Human Resources Operations where needed, including but not limited to Employee Relations meetings and E xit Interviews.
• Compliance and adherence to all hotel job aids, Marriott SOPs and UAE law and regulations.
• Assists with HR/Talent administration tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the department.
• Performs other duties as reasonably requested by line manager and senior leaders.
Safety and Security
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
• Follow company, hote and department policies and procedures.
• Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
• Protect e privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional
and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to
resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly
verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3
rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.