Human Resources Intern
As an important member of the Human Resources Team, the Human Resource Intern will be responsible for assisting with all Colleague requests, administrative duties, and leading Colleague relations including our Social Committee and Colleague Recognition Program. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual who will bring their strong work ethic and positive personality to the team!
Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Assist the Human Resources Department in the day-to-day operation of the department as required
• Handling the calendar and administration assistance for the Human Resources Leaders
• Scheduling and arranging appointments as required
• Responding to all telephone calls visitors
• Respond to all inquiries including ticket and vacation entitlements
• Handle locker requests, name badges, ID s, shoe vouchers, Colleague letters, cross-training forms, purchase requisitions, and expense reports as necessary
• Compose correspondence for the Human Resources Department, such as letters, contracts, etc.
• Tracking and updating reports as necessary
• Filing Colleague records
• Handle all office administration duties such as faxes, mail, phones, photocopying, office supplies.
• Prepare payroll on a daily basis for administration staff.
• Assist with and support staff events as appropriate, such as leadership meetings, executive retreat, staff receptions, etc.
• Make travel arrangements as required including employee vacation travel
• Check Human Resources forms (passport withdrawal, flight booking, payroll deduction, internal application, cash advance)
• Liaises with the Paymaster for the monthly changes in OASYS, including adding new colleagues, salary changes, designation changes, etc
• Manages the signature book and subsequent forms, ensuring accuracy with regards to vacation entitlements and promotions and salary changes
• Assists the Learning & Development Manager with the tracking of performance reviews
• Responsible for monthly invoices, monthly timesheets and adding e-mail accounts for new Colleagues
• Maintains and communicates the Human Resources Weekly Status Change report
• Supports the Hotel Nurse as needed