Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps works in places of transition, where conflict, disaster, political upheaval, or economic collapse present opportunities to build more secure, productive, and just communities. Providing emergency relief in times of crisis, we move quickly to help communities recover and build resilience to future shocks, and promote sustainable change by supporting community-led and market-driven initiatives. Recognizing both the great potential and the complex challenges faced by the Middle East, since 1989 Mercy Corps has been implementing a range of humanitarian assistance and development programs tailored to the specific needs of the region and of those communities where we work.
General Position Summary
The HR Manager for North-East Syria is a member of the North-East Syria (NES) Senior Management Team and part of the Syria Country Office HR Department. Under the direction supervision of the HR Director, the HR Manager - NES is responsible for the implementation of HR policies and procedures in NES field offices. S/he ensures HR compliance with Mercy Corps internal policies and procedures, donor compliance and local laws. S/he takes lead for NES staff Learning and Development activities and ensures the smooth implementation of Mercy Corps performance management system across all NES field offices. The HR Manager builds the capacity of all team members across all offices in North East Syria. S/he provides support and advises the Director of Programs in NES on all HR related issues. The HR Manager works closely with all staff including North East Syria Senior Management Team (SMT) and other Managers to bring efficiency in HR procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities Recruitment, Selection and Placement
• Work closely with all HR staff in NES and make sure that HR services are provided on time, with high quality and compliant with policies and manuals.
• Work with program managers to ensure all hiring requests are complete according to Recruiting Policies and Procedures of Mercy Corps.
• Ensure that exit process for staff departing Mercy Corps is conducted in line with the HR policies and Mercy Corps requirements.
• Work with program managers to ensure country organizational charts for programs and operations exist and positions are covered within budgets. Make sure that organizational charts are updated on regular basis including existing and upcoming positions in line with the new programs.
• In coordination with the hiring manager, organize and help with the onboarding process for new hires and for the existing staff.
• Ensure that orientation is conducted in a comprehensive manner for each new hired national and expatriate staff.
• Lead on developing and implementing consistent systems of new staff induction, and service requests between HR and other departments.
Hiring, Recruiting and Retention
• Ensure that HR staff receives needed training and guidance on regular basis.
• Supervise recruitment process of national staff making sure that staffs are following all required steps such as advertisement, shortlisting of CVs and interviews.
• Ensure that personnel and job files are being maintained to the required level in line with Mercy Corps rules and regulations, including recruitment documents, CVs, valid contracts, PAFs, timesheets, employee data sheets, disciplinary papers and performance evaluations.
• Ensure that performance review processes are completed on time and with quality results.
• Train HR team and supervisors on how to properly conduct and track evaluations processes.
• Ensure that HR staff maintains required databases to track probation and annual evaluations.
• Ensure that Mercy Corps NES participates in regular national salary surveys in order to ensure that that salaries and benefits are competitive within the market.
• Provide data and analysis to HR Director to review and revise salary scales on periodical basis.
• Ensure Mercy Corps NES personnel s hiring strictly adheres to local labor law and other laws as applicable. That includes payment of appropriate taxes, benefits, security clearance of candidates before hiring etc.
• Ensure that HR staff maintains proper in-country tracking system to ensure that leave days and salary payments are well tracked.
• Ensure HR staff is providing new hires all relevant documents upon starting their positions. This includes signing of a PD, contract, policies and procedures especially the National Staff Handbook and the Security Manual.
• Ensure that staff are given MC ID cards and MC emails upon their start.
• Ensure that new staff are trained on timesheet procedures.
• Support the Finance Team for Timesheet allocation and monthly dissemination and collection.
• Assist with operational budget for staff as requested.
Learning and Development
• Lead the performance management process to ensure that NES staff and line managers are fully aware of MC performance management system.
• Ensure that the performance management processes are appropriately implemented in NES filed offices, that includes performance objectives planning, evaluation and performance reward management.
• In collaboration with NES Senior Management Team ensures Learning & Development activities for NES field offices, including career development and succession planning to achieve program goals.
• Ensure NES staff has knowledge and skills to perform effectively in their current and future role through well designed learning programs and talent management processes.
• Co-operate with relevant country/field offices to conduct relevant learning events (trainings/workshops/webinars).
Policies and Manuals
• Create awareness of staff and line managers on Employee Handbook. Make sure that additional clarity is given to the National Employee Handbook in order to provide needed details.
• Remain informed, on an ongoing basis, about current and changing HR related laws, policies and best practices to ensure that current and future personnel policies, employment practices, and compensation packages are within the limits of established standards, procedures, guidelines and policies of Mercy Corps, as well as national laws.
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :
HR / Human Relations / Industrial Relations
Desired Candidate Profile
• Provide HR support to staff and managers as needed.
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
• As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
• Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
All HR staff in North East Syria
Reports Directly To: HR Director, with dotted line to the NES Program Director
Works Directly With: NES program and operations teams, the whole of Syria HR Department
Knowledge and Experience
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field, master s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of professional HR experience, including at least 3 years as a manager or business partner, preferably in the Humanitarian NGO sector.
• Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns and appropriate responses with experience in the Middle East and in insecure environments.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, following procedures, meeting deadlines and working and problem-solving independently and cooperatively.
• Knowledge of donor regulations including USAID, EC, DFID regulations.
• Excellent negotiation and representation skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent oral and written English skills required; proficiency in Arabic is a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies.