Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Human Resources Manager
PAE has a unique opportunity for a Manager of Human Resources to provide HR Leadership to a PAE Global Mission Services (GMS) program located in Baghdad Iraq. The Human Resources Leader is responsible for achieving a high level of employee/management satisfaction in support of program and local management. The Human Resources Leader supervises a team of ten HR professionals.
The Human Resources Leader will deliver HR and employee relations services in a timely, effective manner and will serve as a strategic business partner to local Program Management, managers, and supervisors. This position will partner with management to identify and implement retention strategies, manage labor relations, assess the talent management needs of the programs, promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, consult on optimum organizational structure and process, and ensure effective communications. The Human Resource Leader will recommend, develop and execute both corporate and local site-specific approaches and solutions to meet the program's objectives and goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Partner with Program Management Office and site management to identify attrition issues and trends and implement appropriate strategies and solutions to address retention challenges.
• Partner with local program leadership and supervisory teams to implement appropriate talent management, labor relations, development, and performance management strategies.
• Lead and support GMS Corporate HR practices and objectives that will support the attainment of business goals, promote effective business operations, and assist programs in meeting financial program and non-financial objectives.
• Collaborate with local managers and supervisors to ensure optimal employee engagement.
• Manage onboarding and assimilation of employees; partner with appropriate stakeholders to facilitate system set-up and timely program transitions with minimal disruption of operations.
• Proactively develop program specific employee communication materials, facilitate information sessions and transition meetings, and coordinate with other functional areas for assistance, if applicable.
• Serve as a point person for special projects that involve employee life cycle change and data.
• Lead employee transition projects involving Reductions in Force, mass organizational change, etc.
• Identify process improvement opportunities within and outside of functional area and coordinate with relevant stakeholders for implementation.
• Assist in identifying training needs for the program and deliver (or coordinate the delivery of) non-operational training.
• Investigate employee complaints/allegations in accordance with company protocol.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Answer questions regarding compensation, benefits, performance, company policies, workplace concerns, training, and career development.
• Conduct group presentations to communicate company policy, processes, and/or annual company activities such as benefits enrollment, ethics training, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Human Resources Leader will work under minimal supervision. The candidate must demonstrate a superior ability to develop rapport and credibility at all levels of the organization and to collaborate across functional areas to work towards identified goals. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills and have demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Candidate must have the requisite skills and attitude to consult effectively with managers/supervisors. Strong facilitation, persuasion, and listening skills are a must. Candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex administrative processes; good judgment and the ability to analyze and problem-solve is required. Candidate must have the ability to proactively research and review labor laws, regulations, and policies, and recommend courses of action. Candidate must demonstrate a high level of adaptability, a high tolerance for ambiguity, and be able to lead and manage change throughout the organization.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience in Human Resources with a strong background working with Government contracts in an OCONUS environment and a diverse and multi-national workforce.
• Prefer at least four (4) years of management experience
• Demonstrated experience in providing HR leadership and guidance in support of over a thousand employees
• Demonstrated experience in independently assessing and resolving a variety of employee relations issues.
• Knowledge of HR Laws and disciplines including recruiting, talent management, compensation practices, employee relations, training and development, diversity, performance management, an international employment laws.
• Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
• Working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint and/or WorkDay HRIS systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft office professional software and ability to easily adapt to new systems
• Master s degree in Human Resources or MBA
• SPHR, PHR or equivalent certification
• Experience working in Iraq or other austere environments
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement