The HVAC Technician as ambassador of Sofitel Dubai Downtown is required to actively promote the quality image of the company and the hotel at every opportunity.
The candidate should be able to do operate, repair, maintain and provide technical attention to all AC and Refrigeration Systems of the hotel, walk in freezer, fridges, Ice makers, Air Handling Units, fan coil units, Chillers etc. Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Operate Maintain, Repairs and does necessary adjustment of the air conditioning and refrigeration equipment such as Chillers, AHUs, FCU s, Split A/C Units, Window A/C Units, Cold rooms. Coolers, Ice machines, Extract fans and all the HVAC related equipment.
- Coordinate with Fire Fighting contractors on scheduled maintenance and make sure Air conditioning system responds as per Cause and Effect matrix.
- Ensures of sufficient stock of spare parts for the A/C and Refrigeration related equipment and thoroughly checks the purchase materials for their quality.
- Executes energy saving measures and helps the department to reduce the energy cost.
- Carryout daily checks on Cooling Tower & it s Make Water, Chillers, Primary & Secondary Pumps, AHU, FAHU, Water Treatment, and major Refrigeration equipment.
- Ensure and all set operating parameters as desired for intended operation.
- Familiarizes himself with total layout of the building and estate regarding safety aspects such as isolation points, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance work, such as servicing of motors and air-conditioning and refrigerators as per the maintenance schedule and maintains service / history reports.
- Attends to repair and maintenance of refrigeration equipment such as screw / centrifugal type chiller, cooling towers, make water system, walk in chillers, freezers, other commercial industrial refrigeration equipment, window units, split, Blower coil units, Air-handling units and fan coil units etc.
- Advises improvements to the present system in order to optimize the operating efficiency and economy of the said system.
- Assists supervisor to prepare spare parts lists for the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Participates in the Hotel Energy Conservation Program.
- Ensures that the plant room, workshop and related areas are kept in clean and tidy condition.
- Do breakdown service in guest rooms, such as air-conditioners, mini bars.
- Servicing and maintenance of public area air-conditioning.
- Checks refrigerator and freezer temperature, calibrates temperature and pressure control.
- Carries out occasional repair work as required, following specifications and handles any unexpected problems
- Prevents problems from occurring in the hotel's technical installations
- Follows the preventive maintenance program.
- Applies water hygiene procedures.
- To assist in carrying out monthly inventory of operating equipment.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To undertake Duties of the R/AC Technician as per the Engineer Duty Roster.
We are looking to appoint a HVAC Technician for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, caring, dedicated individual with good cross cultural sensitivity and the willingness to put in an extra effort and time when required, as well as the passion to serve customers. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Similar experience preferably in Hotel industry
Able to perform multi-skilled task
Strong guest and employee interpersonal skills
Good command in English
Selected candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair