Under general direction, this position is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of air conditioning units and HVAC systems. Ensures personnel exhibit superior workmanship and focus upon a quality end product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely and with a focus upon a quality. Will have direct oversight of HVAC Seniors. Verifies actual hours worked by personnel to reduce manpower expenditure. Ensures personnel completes all tasks in accordance with the Public Works Safety Policy and K-BOSSS Environmental, Safety & Health directives. Provides Leadership and mentors junior personnel to develop appropriate skillsets. Addresses Customer concerns in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner. Use Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) Print, issue and Update Work Orders to correctly capture data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and urgent/emergency Customer requests. Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspections in the Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo). Must have a home-country Driver’s License, and be able to acquire a U.S. Government Driver’s License.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Provides leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to HVAC Seniors in the performance of day-to-day activities.
2. Passes instructions received from supervisors to HVAC Seniors and starts work by assigning the immediate tasks to members of the group.
3. Checks work-in-progress to verify instructions on work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines have been met.
4. Monitors equipment service, maintenance, installation, and repairs on A/C units in accordance with applicable technical manuals.
5. Oversees equipment troubleshooting and verifies initial diagnoses of assigned equipment.
6. Tests circuits and components for continuity, using test equipment.
7. Reassembles and tests equipment following repairs.
8. Inspects and tests system to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
9. Tests pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
10. Adjusts system controls to setting recommended by the manufacturer to balance system.
11. Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
12. Provides a team environment and promote good working relationships with all team members and customers.
13. Provide materials requisition support for the section.
14. Provides appropriate skill related training to subordinates.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
1. Knowledge of machines and tools used in the repair and maintenance of HVAC systems.
2. Basic computer skills and experience with CMMS software