Emerson Automation Solutions takes pride in solving toughest challenges that our customers face by providing them innovative solutions leveraging our World Class resources and cutting-edge technology.
The Systems and Solutions Group offers include local cabinet integration facilities. Emerson offers Plantweb Digital Ecosystem which helps customers with solutions ranging from automation, safety to operational performance and reliability. This vacancy is to design cabinet assembly for all solutions.
Hardware Design Engineer – is based out of our Dammam integration facility in Saudi Arabia.
To provide technical review, engineering and drawing packages for potential and existing customer orders and contracts. Adhere to internal and external HSE requirements during design and execution phase. To design the layout of standard Emerson and one off products in customer specific metal enclosures. Co-ordinate and supervise the training of new and existing engineers in the team.
• Design and Preparation of project specific hardware layout drawing AutoCAD
• Engineering of project hardware details
• Engineering & specification of project related special items
• Define the Bill of Materials for special projects
• Provide technical support to assembly & production team
• Responsible for all technical communication to customers
• Responsible for the control and communication of work delegated to engineering team
• Support the Engineering Supervisor with setting priorities
• Co-ordinate and supervise the training of new and existing engineers in the team
• Co-ordinate improvement of engineering tools and increasing of engineering effectivity
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor degree or Higher Vocational Level of education, preferably in electronic / engineering and 3 years experience in similar job
Suitable professional and technical courses
Willing to work in a dedicated team and under pressure to achieve team goals
Fluent in English
Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
Additional control, process and product training are recommended
Several years of working with CAD software packages. (Preferable AutoCad or MicroStation)
Experience in applying Lean Techniques
Willing to travel abroad on a regular basis