IDS Instructor Pilot
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join BAE Systems an instructor IDS Instructor Pilot based in Dhahran.
BAE Systems is the UK Government s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance and training this role requires the following:
Skills and Experience
• Recent IDS IP Experience. Must have served as an IP for at least 250 hours, and must have flown IDS/GR4 within the last one year as an IP.
• More than 1000 hours total fighter time as a combat-ready pilot.
• Must be a graduate of the RAF Academic Instructor Course or equivalent course.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Responsible to the Squadron Commander primarily for training RSAF IDS pilots, WSOs and instructors, to serve and clear general operations issues in his squadron.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Mission planning: All phases of flight to ensure successful mission execution, including desired tactics and employment options/techniques for all flying phases.
• Active flying training of aircrew and instructors to include: refinement of airmanship/situation awareness skills, navigation skills, basic and advanced flying maneuvers/tactics, crew coordination, integrated flight, and certifying initial / mission qualification of mission ready aircrew.
• May be selected as Standardization Evaluation flight Examiner
• Weapons and Tactics employment training.
• Time Management: Assists aircrew on how to pace themselves in both performance of critical airborne tasks and duties as a platform instructor.
• Platform Instructor duties to include:
• Flight planning, including normal and advanced equipment (Example: FDL (Link-16) and TAMPA).
• Enemy weapons systems capabilities and counter measures.
• Targeteering and Weaponry.
• Review of aircraft systems, subsystems, and displays.
• Instructional methodology/technique.
Saudi National Employee Benefits
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance and a full health care scheme.
At BAE Systems, we serve the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. We work together with local partners to develop, engineer, manufacture and support the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests. With some 88,000 employee in six continents, our story is about talented people, who are relentlessly committed to creating solutions that protect and strengthen nations, commerce, communities and people. That's work that inspires us. That's BAE Systems.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.