A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
As a part of our Internal Firm Services, you ll provide strategic oversight, manage operations, and develop policies for all aspects of the Finance team.
The VAT Manager is responsible for handling VAT activities for PwC ME Group under the supervision of the IFS ME Tax Leader and working together with the wider Firm Tax team as well as the Finance team and tax specialists across the ME region.
The main focus of the VAT Manager is to meet the ongoing VAT compliance requirements of the Group, providing ongoing advice to internal stakeholders and continuous improvement based on agreed KPIs. The VAT Manager will also support the IFS ME Tax Leader in all of the Group s VAT requirements. This includes optimising PwC s tax position, managing tax risks, and understanding the tax implications of cross border transactions and the operating model.
Specifically, this will require data collection, validation and preparation of various VAT compliance and reporting across the region. Activities and responsibilities will include responding to VAT queries posed by both IFS and LoS teams on VAT issues encountered in their day to day operations.
• Assist to implement a regional tax strategy that is cognizant of local tax requirements and which also optimises the overarching tax position of PwC.
• Works with Firm Tax and local Tax LoS Specialists to understand tax laws and regulations in various jurisdictions within the Middle East.
• Responsible for guiding transactions within the wider Finance Team to optimise the management of tax liabilities.
• Manage the responsibilities around tax compliance and reporting activities, ensuring adherence to submission and reporting deadlines.
• Provide inputs for all tax audits conducted by Firm Tax/Global Team/External Auditors/Tax Authorities.
• Adhere to finance and tax policies and procedures.
• Advise internal customers on most efficient tax structuring and implications for their operations and structures, keeping in mind local tax regulations.
• Liaise with local tax specialists with the region and globally on various tax activities, demonstrating compliance with local, regional and global RM standards, tax rulings and laws.
• Review VAT tax returns for PwC ME Group entities prepared by Tax Accountant, ensuring submission deadlines are adhered to.
• Oversee the reconciliation of tax accounts on a monthly basis.
• Deliver internal analysis/reports to IFS ME Tax Leader, flagging key risks, exposures etc., as well as tax opportunities.
• Organize and conduct special analysis as required.
• Deliver effective tax training and appropriate support for the business.
• Consolidate, analyse and challenge all tax report inputs from LoS/local teams/other finance teams as appropriate.
Learning & Growth
• Forms part of both local finance community, regional tax community as well as global tax experts community, and maintains appropriate relationships across the tax spectrum.
• Has the capabilities to deliver assignments efficiently.
• Captures templates and standards into a repository to build the team's own knowledge management database.
• Ensures adherence to policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the continuing professional development of self.
• Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function.
• Act as a key tax resource and liaison to the IFS ME Tax Leader, the Firm Tax Team and where relevant to other areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
0% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date