The incumbent will serve as an In-House Legal counsel primarily advising on complete array of legal matters related to shipping litigation and disputes, sanctions and trade issues. The position reports to the CEO of the Company.
• Managing legal affairs of the company, which includes SNP and charter party contracts and disputes, MOA, insurance and vendor agreements, ship financing contracts/documents and other commercial matters.
• Provide sound legal advice to SNP, Operations, Chartering, Finance and general corporate structuring and commercial advisory for the company.
• Prepare new procedures and guidance for interpretation in future cases called for by changes in statutory law, international law, national policy, and court decisions.
• Advice on international and domestic treaty, statutory and regulatory matters including environmental, safety, labor, sanction laws and similar maritime issues.
• Instruct external counsels in various international jurisdictions on current litigation matters.
• Develop company policy and position on legal matters by providing guidance on legal matters, including agreements, transactions, regulation, claims and litigation.
• Prepare and review service agreements in different jurisdictions and deal with tax exemption issues.
• Attend international conferences / seminars/ or meetings relevant to legal matters.