The In-Kingdom Communications Advisor is responsible for devising and delivering communications plans to support KAUST s mission, strategic goals and to grow KAUST s national and regional reputation. This includes development of both written copy and multimedia assets for use on multiple platforms with a focus on digital channels. Writing stories and promoting news items to the In-Kingdom media, both digital and traditional, will be a core duty. Coordinating communications activity and campaigns with internal and external partners will also feature. Supporting KAUST presence at international and in-kingdom events and exhibitions through the development of event specific message and content will also form part of this role.
This is a role for a contemporary storyteller who can bring flair and creativity to the task of promoting KAUST to multiple audiences In-Kingdom, regionally and globally.
• Develop and create written and multimedia content for press releases, op-eds, interviews, websites and social media
• Coordinate media interviews
• Develop a network of media contacts across In-Kingdom, Arabic and international media
• Maintain relationships and coordinate with communications leads with partner organizations
• Work with the design and video teams on multimedia material such as concepts, storyboards and scripts for videos, animations, exhibits, and displays
• Write, review and proofread content to ensure accuracy in digital and media materials
• Devise and deliver communication plans in close collaboration with the Senior In-Kingdom Media Manager
• Be a core part of the GBC team and help promote communications best practice for KAUST.
• Ability to write press releases, developing targeted media lists and pitch stories to journalists
• Excellent written English ideally in academic media context
• Ability to network and build relationships with stakeholders
• Creative sense of graphic design and multimedia with experience briefing and working with designers and video editors to create multi-media content
• Thorough working knowledge of major digital platforms and best practice
• Ability to developing marketing collateral to support events such as content for booth displays, interactive exhibits, digital assets and video content
• Excellent editing of written content for grammar, spelling and syntax (Arabic & English)
• High degree of written and oral communication skills and excellent knowledge of plain language principles.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum requirement of a Bachelor s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related discipline
• Master degree or postgraduate education in a related discipline
• Minimum 7 years of directly related experience.
• Experience working in academic communications function
• Experience working in a fast paced national communications function
• Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary marketing communications department
• Experience identifying and developing news stories of national scale and impact
• Experience developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships internally and externally
• Experience writing press releases, media reports and developing relationships with the media
• Experience of implementing integrated media campaigns, including digital, social and traditional media
• Experience managing corporate attendance at major exhibitions and media events
• Experience of implementing and evaluating a multi-faceted communications strategy