EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Room Service. Position directs, trains and assists employees to follow standards in the delivery of food and beverage to guestrooms and hospitality suites. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction is achieved while maintaining the operating budget. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
•Managing Day-to-Day Room Service Operations
•Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
•Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
•Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow through.
•Supervises daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all Room Service policies, standards and procedures.
•Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Leading Room Service Team
•Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
•Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
•Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
•Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
•Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
•Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
•Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
•Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
•Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
•Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired results.
•Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
•Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
•Strives to improve service performance.
•Supervises service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
Room Service Financial and Budgeting Goals
•Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
•Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
•Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
•Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk
Desired Candidate Profile
• Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
• Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
• Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards. Willingness to adhere to internal company standards.
• Food and Beverage Sanitation - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and use of sanitation systems; use of grease trap; trash compactor(s), Baler operation, dish machines, and other equipment. Knowledge of techniques for care and cleaning of silver, stainless steel, and dish machines.
• Coffee and Tea Service - Knowledge of coffee and coffee equipment and procedures for brewing and preparing coffee and specialty drinks; understanding of coffee break standards and service.
• Dining - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for seating guests; menu content and creation; MICROS system; taking dining and room service orders; doorknob menus; room service delivery, etiquette, safety, and security; amenity process and delivery; food and beverage service standards, service cart setup.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
• Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
• Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
• Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.