The Centers of Excellence (COE) activity was designed by USAID and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR) to support Egypt s economic development by establishing partnerships for human and institutional capacity building between higher education institutions in the United States and developing countries. The COEs will strengthen the capacity of Egyptian universities to respond to changing public and private sector needs for applied research and skilled graduates in the sectors of agriculture, water and energy. As the Government of Egypt (GOE) body responsible for funding, overseeing, regulating, and accrediting higher education efforts in Egypt and ensuring the quality of higher education nationwide, MOHESR seeks through this project to build upon ongoing USG-supported efforts to strengthen higher education access and quality in key technical fields. Specifically, USAID and MOHESR intend to create a sustainable model for market driven university education in an environment that fosters scholarship supported equitable access for women, persons with disabilities, and academically qualified, yet financially needy students.
The Industry Liaison will work closely with the COE Program Director, Deputy Directors, Technical Advisors and Egyptian university partners to establish a robust sustainability program which will ensure the long-term success of the COE. Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Develop capacity for financial sustainability through workshops, mentoring, and hands-on assistance in preparing fundraising and sponsored-research proposals and presenting requests to companies and donors.
• Drawing on existing professional networks, develop and implement an industry outreach program and internship program, including, but not limited to, company tours of universities, round tables with students, and job boards to match company opportunities with student interns and graduates.
• Work with Rectors, Vice Chancellors, and Pro Rectors, to develop their personal skills in cultivating donors and seeking contributions.
• Advise on the creation of development offices as well as the hiring and training of staff.
• Develop and implement a robust program of sustainable and long-term collaborative linkages between U.S. universities and Egyptian universities.
• Present and market COE to a wide variety of external groups and businesses.
• Save relevant project documents in COE Dropbox and maintain integrity of filing system.
• Update activities and tasks in Smart sheet, as required.
• Submit weekly status reports to COE Project Manager to report activities
The Corporate Engagement Specialist position is considered a full-time position. The Industry Liaison will be based at a partner university in Egypt. The Industry Liaison will report to the COE Finance Director on all programmatic aspects of her employment, including but not limited to job description, duties, qualifications, working environment, and performance.
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :
Teaching / Education