UNICEF works in some of the world s toughest places, to reach the world s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties or tasks
• Enable continuous operation of ICT infrastructure and accessibility to ICT solutions and services
• Provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management;
• Support operational and administrative tasks;
• Assist in the delivery of results.
• Support the Program through ICT4P (ICT for Program) Projects
1. Enable continuous operation of ICT infrastructure and accessibility to ICT services and solutions:
• Ensure physical and logical security and safety of ICT environment and infrastructure;
• Operate ICT infrastructure environment, hardware, network and telecommunications ;
• Assist in the management of contracts for ICT for services and products;
• Implement corporate solutions, services and keep systems and applications up and running;
• Manage changes and apply upgrades, security updates and patches;
• Conduct or supervise the provision of preventive and corrective maintenance;
• Manage emergency telecommunication operations and equipment;
• Manage ICT disaster recovery plans;
• Monitor, assess and verify the use of ICT resources to ensure compliance;
• Escalate compliance exceptions (proactive) and deviations (reactive).
2. Provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management:
1. Provide technical and operational support to end-users;
2. Manage escalated ICT incidents or problems to GSSC/ITSS;
3. Distribute ICT-related communication materials from NYHQ, GSSC or regional office;
4. Prepare and circulate internal ICT-related communications emails, manuals, newsletters, flyers, best practices, FAQs
5. Offer or coordinate training workshops or clinics to build end-users capacity or to introduce new solutions and services;
6. Share local experience and lessons learned with regional office, GSSC or ITSS for the collective benefit;
7. Support the planning, organization and implementation of capacity building and knowledge management initiatives to enhance staff competencies;
8. Support opportunities to improve productively, efficiency, effectiveness and foster innovation;
9. Participate in-person or remotely in country, regional or global events, discussions setting the future of ICT evolution to achieve UNICEF mission;
10. Stay abreast of ICT trends, developments and best practices through professional development journals, training, certification, etc .
3. Support operational and administrative tasks:
1. Manage and supervise ICT Staff;
2. Support the office business continuity plans development and ensure the inclusion of ICT inputs and perspective;
3. Monitor risks and threats to ICT environment or infrastructure. Take appropriate action and inform management;
4. Confirm the compliance with the host government regulatory requirements vis- -vis the Basic Cooperation Agreement (BCA), i.e., data collection of sensitive information or personally identifiable information (PII), telecommunications licenses, use of specialized equipment, such as HF/VHF radios, high-gain antennae, satellite phones, VSATs, VOIP, etc
5. Participate in inter-agency events, meetings or discussions to present UNICEF ICT interests, priorities and position;
6. Act as ICT focal point for Emergency preparedness, Delivering as One, One UN or other initiatives;
7. Work closely with Administration and Finance on budget, billing certification, inventory and asset management;
8. Assist in providing information for reports, reviews or audits;
9. Prepare documentations for programme, planning and budgeting exercises CPD, CPAP, IBR, MTR, AWP, etc
10. Liaise with regional office, GSSC and ITSS to keep abreast of new initiatives and opportunities to innovate and modernize office operations and to contribute to the collective ICT evolution.
4. Assist in the delivery of results:
• Spearhead approved innovation initiatives and work closely with programme staff to facilitate proper implementation;
• Support technical and operational knowledge transfer to programme staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries;
• Study and understand the business requirements, i.e., PPP, RBM, HACT, etc to improve the delivery of results;
• Advise programme staff to build an expert team to build better relationships with counterparts and implementing partners;
• Support counterparts and implementing partners to build capacity and nurture independence;
• Assist in the selection of training providers and the development of training materials;
• Collaborate with C4D and use their advocacy, outreach and dissemination tools for better utilization of technology to advance the delivery of results;
• Support Supply and programme staff to establish local LTAs for ICT-related programme contracts for services and products;
• Provide oversight of providers and third-parties of ICT-related services and products to programme;
• Assist in the facilitation of project management methodologies trainings and support the application by staff, counterparts and implementing partners;
5. Support the Program through ICT4P (ICT for Program) Projects:
1. Liaising between programme staff, government/implementing partners and the technical service providers in ICT4P projects.
2. Supporting programme in building solutions that comply with UNICEF s Information Disclosure Policy, and ensuring data protection provisions are applied where confidential data must not be exposed to the risk of unauthorized disclosure.
Competencies and proficiency (level) requirement:
Desired Candidate Profile
• Diversity and inclusion;
• Communication (1);
• Drive for results (1);
• Working with people (1).
Functional Competencies :
• Analyzing (2);
• Applying Technical Expertise (2);
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts (1);
• Planning and Organizing (1).
Education : A University degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology management, business administration or related social science field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of professional experience in information technology management and business operations in a large international organization and/or corporation is required. Experience in a UN organization is an asset.
Technical Competencies: Certification and/or proven experience in one of these several ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Business Analytics, Information Security, ICT Audit and Risk Management, Telecommunications, Networks Information Security and Software Engineering and Programming
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF does not tolerate any form of sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment.
Candidates will not be considered if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.