Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Manager - Kirkuk
Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC in Iraq
The unfolding crisis in Iraq is one of the most complex humanitarian emergencies in the world today, with millions of uprooted Iraqis, and hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees. For the past several years, millions of people have been displaced from and within Iraq as a result of military operations. At the end of 2015, the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) began a military operation to enter and retake control of parts of the country under the control of armed opposition groups, especially in the Anbar governorate. Civilians have been caught in the crossfire.
NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010, with offices located in Baghdad, Erbil, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Mosul. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country, reaching Iraqis with emergency assistance and supporting Syrian refugees as they live in exile. Our goal is to always be prepared to work in new settings, so we are establishing more local partnerships in Iraq. Additionally, NRC is part of the UNICEF and WFP-led Rapid response mechanism (RRM), which enables us to reach newly displaced populations with the most urgent life-saving assistance.
Today, NRC is one of the biggest cash providers in Iraq. Our emergency assistance also includes distributing food rations, hygiene kits, water and basic non-food items (NFIs). In the winter months, we also provide blankets and heaters. We pay particular attention to gender equality and ending gender-based violence (GBV).
Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) - Project Manager
The purpose of the ICLA Project Manager position is to implement delegated ICLA project portfolio by the Area Program Manager.
Role Specific Information
1. Line management for project staff
2. Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
3. Contribute to the development of Country, Area and ICLA strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant ICLA projects
4. Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
5. Implement technical direction to ICLA team, and ensure high technical quality of projects
6. Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the ICLA Specialist, highlighting operational successes and challenges
7. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
8. Develop and manage project budget, in cooperation with Area Manager & ICLA Coordinator
9. Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
9. Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
10. Promote the rights of displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy
Our Ideal Candidate:
A university graduate in a relevant field(s) with Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level legal assistance project implementation position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
We are specifically looking for some with ICLA technical expertise, including knowledge of Housing, Land & Property and/or civil documentation issues
Contract period: 12 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station : Erbil / Kirkuk
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :
Lawyers / Legal Advisors