The African Electrotechnical Standardization Commission (AFSEC) is a need for a full time IT and networking specialist to monitor computer networks for security threats or unauthorized users, with good knowledge of System Administration, Network Security, Problem Solving, Information Security Policies, Informing Others, Process Improvement, On-Call, Network Troubleshooting, Firewall Administration, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches.
Scope of Work:
• Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
• Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
• Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Administering local area network and define network privileges and network management.
• Implement network security including firewalls, applying inscription to network applications, manages host security, file permissions, backup and
• Deals with connectivity problems and ensures that the internet is always available.
• Creates a shared document portal for information sharing and uploading.
• Evaluates and recommends purchase of IT equipment.
• Coordinate with the companies responsible for developing digital platforms (website, social media );
• Manage the companies responsible for developing brochures;
• Coordinate all procedures related to managing and updating the AFSEC database and transferring the administrative privileges to AFSEC ownership in Cairo
• Install, maintain and configure the computer software and hardware, systems, networks, printers switches, scanners, routers etc.;
• Manage the web conference meetings (Gotomeeting, Zoom .etc.);