Responsible for the management and supervision of all site activities during the installation, test & commissioning phases of the Project.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports the planning and scheduling of installation, testing and all other field activities.
• Is a key interface with customer, their engineers and subcontractors
• Provides technical support and supervision for all field activities (work done by subcontractors).
• Manages all aspects of safety on site, and is the Site Safety Representative for the project (if no separate HR Manager has been identified).
• Ensures that all employees (including the sub-contractor's) comply with the Health and Safety requirements as detailed in the reference documents in the Project Management Plan, as well as all other applicable safety policies/work instructions.
• Prepares regular status and the progress reports and meeting minutes for the Site Manager, Project Systems Engineer.
• Ensures all site installation drawings, documents, and SW releases are kept current to relevant revisions.
• Ensures that "as-built" information is recorded as the work progresses and is submitted to project Engineering or PM for updating of documentation.
• Co-ordinates the activities of technical specialists of T&C who are on site to perform integration testing, trouble shooting and commissioning testing.
• Supports site testing during the integration and commissioning periods.
• Supports training of customer testing, operations and maintenance staff with respect to the related control system.
• Prepares /problem/action reports and ensures these are processed correctly and communicated to the Site Manager and Project Systems Engineer.
• Performs some PICO testing and assists in T&C activities as required.
• Administers & maintains site office, including the co-ordination of office suppliers, security, etc.
• Advises Site manager of site staffing level requirements.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 5 + years Installation activities with large projects
• Working knowledge of the company's products with respect to installation, testing and operations;
• Working knowledge of safety standards and practices required at project site;
• Experience in installation and testing of telecommunication control systems;
• Experience in task planning, including estimation, performance tracking and reporting;
• PC literate and use of word processing, spread sheet and scheduling software packages;
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in Telecommunication or Security Systems is an asset
• Knowledge of company Policies & Procedures.