We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC Qatar for:
INSTRUMENT COMMISSIONING TECHNICIAN (PIPELINE)
This position is a unique opportunity to be responsible in the control systems DCS-Schneider and general process instrumentation activities including serial and network communications/PLC based systems including testing and managing all process controls and safety shutdown systems associated with production equipment.
Your main duties will be:
• Oversee design, installation, check‐out, troubleshooting, operation, and upgrade of electronic instrumentation and all end elements that monitor flow, temperature, or pressure in an automated or controlled systems environment.
• Plan stepwise commissioning details according to the overall procedure and instruct commissioning crews and or subcontractor for the necessary action.
• Assist Commissioning Manager in ensuring the commissioning work meets the Project objectives by conducting all necessary supervision of commissioning development preparation and execution work.
• Monitoring Mechanical Completion Pre‐commissioning and Commissioning‐Instrumentation/Control activities associated with facilities work scope.
• Input to the commissioning preparation work monitoring preservation monitoring of mechanical completion and pre‐commissioning activities commissioning temporaries, etc.
• Endorse discipline specific formal handover documents from project at Pre‐commissioning completion stage confirming their acceptability, including Factory Acceptance Testing, Operational Readiness Testing, and Operational Acceptance and Start-up.
• Responsible for providing design input/review of all aspects of project process control and safety shutdown systems, topsides processing, and various required systems.
• Lead Project handover of operable control, Fire and Gas detection and safety shutdown systems. Participate in development and implementation of a long-term preservation and system readiness program to deploy instrumentation and control system for client objectives.
• Develop testing procedures and policies that are aligned with commissioning best practices and regulatory requirements to ensure safety, operability, and compliance.
• Evaluation of training and competency processes that are affiliated with process and safety control systems applying knowledge and application of all regulatory standards.
• Monitor any changes or upgrades that affect the controls systems
Ideally, you should have Bachelor or Diploma in Instrument & Control.
Minimum at least 8 years of experience. Extensive prior experience in testing and commissioning on high value.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, an advance level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.