Duties and responsibilities include:
• Performance and supervision of audits, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures
• Planning, implementing, and maintaining all compliance requirements of the organization
• Recommends new procedures and controls as needed. Work with senior management on key business initiatives, projects and control weaknesses, process improvements, moreover compliance with regulatory requirements to ensure a proper internal control environment is maintained.
• Monitor progress of multiple simultaneous projects and take necessary action to meet target completion dates and ensure timely completion of audit reports
• Provide direction to audit staff on audit engagements which includes, but is not limited to, preparing risk assessments, audit work plans, audit programs, audit testing and internal audit reports
• Oversee audit staff during audits and control consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management, business processes, business controls, risk assessments and operating practices globally
• Performs critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audit teams for multiple concurrent projects
• Coordinate follow up with the team on audit findings and action plans to ensure timely implementation and completion.
• Lead management discussions throughout all phases of the audit process i.e. planning, field work and reporting, including key audit status meetings, fieldwork closing and audit exit meetings.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with the team, business unit management and leaders.
• Planning of Audit and researching on different industries and regulatory environment of the Group, identifying key risks and determining the appropriate audit approach.
• Ensure compliance with quality control standards and agreed budgets and timeliness
• Preparing financial statements and management/internal control report.
Skills required for the job:
• 8+ years of internal auditing experience
• Qualified CA / CMA / CPA or CIA preferred
• Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
• Demonstrated experience with internal controls assessment, risk assessment, internal audit planning and execution effectiveness and internal control design, as well as business process flow understanding
• Specialized experience auditing business processes within the financial services industry
• Effective team builder with strong leadership and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex or multi-functional audits
• Demonstrated ability to have a positive interaction with management and work across departmental lines in order to effectively execute audits
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
Industry Type :
Accounting & Auditing
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary