Under the general direction and supervision of the manager of internal audit ( Senior Internal audit manager ) and supervision from other members of the audit department, the auditor assists in and executes assigned areas of planning and audit procedures for operational and financial internal audits within the company and its Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the planning of assigned audits, and develop and provide support for proposed audit objectives, scopes, and detailed audit work plan(s) for assigned areas.
2. Acquire an in-depth understanding of applicable policies, procedures, systems, and local regulations sufficient to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls related to assigned audit areas.
3. Review, verify and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls supporting operational functions and procedures. Utilize appropriate records, files, manuals, data processing reports, interviews, and personal observations in the performance of such audit activities. Analyze and evaluate the Company s intra- and inter-departmental flows of transactions and information.
4. Perform audit work according to audit department and professional standards. Provide complete and adequate documentation to support all audit work and conclusions.
5. Identify and properly define issues and exceptions, and develop recommendations for corrective action that adequately address the root causes in a cost/beneficial manner.
6. Communicate issues and recommendations to company management on a proactive basis during the course of the audit work to verify the accuracy of findings and secure preliminary commitment to recommended actions. Advise the audit team of the results of discussions with company management on a timely basis.
7. Present issues relating to assigned areas in closing meetings for assigned audits.
8. Draft clear and concise issues/recommendations for audit reports prior to review by the Audit Manager.
9. Complete assigned responsibilities in an efficient manner, and within established deadlines.
10. Anticipate problems and obstacles to the timely and efficient completion of assigned audit work, and keep the audit team informed of the status of assigned areas. Recommend solutions to anticipated and incurred problems and obstacles impeding the timely completion of audit work.
11. Perform assigned follow-up audit work to update the status of outstanding reported issues as delegated by the senior auditor.
12. Perform assigned projects associated with audit department initiatives.
13. Regularly and reliably work when scheduled and perform essential job functions. This would include normal business hours, extended hours, and overnight/weekend work and travel when required.
14. Perform special projects, assignments, and administrative tasks as requested.
15. Understand and abide by company policies, Internal Audit procedures, and professional standards.
16. Project positive associate relations. Be sensitive to the needs and concerns of associates. Treat all associates in a fair and consistent manner while fostering trust, respect, and integrity throughout the company.
BA / BS Degree in accounting, finance or similar.
Minimum two year audit experience.
Skills required at proficient level:
o written and verbal communication
o mathematical and analytical
o electronic spreadsheet and word processing
o planning, organizational, creative and pragmatic problem-problem solving, and decision-making
Professional certification desired, which consists of: MBA, CPA, CMA, CISA, or CIA.
Industry Type :
Accounting & Auditing
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary