Under the supervision and guidance of the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor is responsible to provide an independent and objective assurance regarding the management of risks and controls thorough out the companies Qatar Fertiliser Company, Qatar Melamine Company & Gulf Formaldehyde Company.
The role is also responsible for reviewing and assessing the organization’s processes, controls and practices, as well as related procedures according to the yearly audit plans approved by the audit committee.
The role shall perform management, information systems and technologies, financial and security audits, technical and operational audits, major project audit, plant modification audits to review and evaluate the effectiveness of technical operations, reliability of financial data, and ensure compliance as per the established policies, procedures, and regulations. The audit program is expected to include audits of QAFCO operations, maintenance, projects etc. In addition, conduct conflict of interest reviews, fraud investigations and ad-hoc reviews / special investigations at the request of QAFCO Internal Audit Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Review policies, procedures, processes within the organisation.
• Prepare, execute audit schedules/plans, programs to ensure that each area complies with goals and objectives assigned.
• Develop risk based audit programs that provides for effective governance of operations.
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s control environment.
• Report and follow-up on identified deficiencies, recommendations and corrective actions to senior management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Education - Bachelor's degree in business related discipline.
• Should be a Certified Internal Auditor (C.I.A.) / Certified Internal Systems Auditor (C.I.S.A.)
• Professional Experience: 5 -7 years or more experience within internal auditing, regulatory compliance or manufacturing industry
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Willingly to live and work in Qatar
• High proficiency in MS Office applications is essential.
• Knowledge of a ERP environment
• Quantitative & analytical skills
• Strong presentation skills, communication & report writing skills (English)
• Arabic an advantage, but not essential.
• Ability to work in a small team or independently as required.
• Ability to interact with all levels of Management with tact.