Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and Project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance - to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power.
The Oil & Gas Business Unit is looking for an Internal Auditor to be based in Abu Dhabi. Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Internal Auditors and Managers, the Internal Auditor is responsible for reviewing and assessing SNC-Lavalin's processes, controls and practices through audits of various operations, business & accounting processes.
The Internal Auditor shall perform audits in all locations of the Company to review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, as well as compliance with internal standards and external laws and regulations. Additionally, the Internal Auditor will contribute to the monitoring of the Company's compliance with NI 52-109.
* Review and evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR);
* Assist the Senior/Manager in the planning, execution and reporting of financial, operational, and compliance audit mandates;
* Communicate clearly and timely with stakeholders regarding the different activities surrounding the audit mandates
* Coordinate with external auditors and/or other Corporate functions when required
* Conduct follow-ups to verify that the action plans have been implemented
* Develop an understanding of key business risks, strategies and operations
* Participate in the identification and assessment of the organization risks that will drive the annual audit plan
* Foster an effective team environment and Contribute to the function's operational excellence.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting
* A minimum of two (2) years of experience in internal audit, external audit preferably with an international Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) company (experience in accounting firm will be considered an asset)
* Professional certification (CA, CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE) a plus
* Experience in IT audits and data analytics will be considered an asset
* Analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to work autonomously in a team-driven environment
* Fluent English
* Arabic will be considered an asset
* Willingness and ability to travel within Middle-East and internationally (up to 35% of the time).
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as ''SNC-Lavalin'') are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.