We are currently looking for three (3) Intervention Specialists to join the ENERCON Team in Abu Dhabi, UAE . The Intervention Specialists will provide systematic assistance to the schedule owner, with the intent to remove obstacles in the agreed schedule baseline or to de-escalate issues. Intervention Specialist will support the delivery of the Operational Readiness Control Center (ORCC) work streams and manage various interventions as required.
General Scope of Work:
The Nawah ORCC team are based at the Barakah site in the Al Dhafra Region. Therefore, this position will require the Intervention Specialist to work from Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) on an arranged day shift pattern. The contract duration is 12 months or near as possible thereafter as agreed with Nawah ORCC requirements.
1. Principal Activities 1.1. Schedule Planning 1.1.1. Support optimization of Unit 1 Operational Readiness Schedule by dealing with emergent issues as required through Interventions.
1.1.2. Perform Intervention Appraisals when potential issues or concerns have been identified through risks or Condition Reports, or as assigned by the ORCC Management team.
1.1.3. Organize, chair and lead meetings with stakeholders to facilitate scope and action plan definition.
1.1.4. Understand the context of Scope, Schedule and Planning basis within the work stream area the intervention is located i.e. through the review of Schedule Narrative(s) and P6 Schedule(s)
1.1.5. Update the Intervention Tracker, Intervention Appraisal and Intervention Summary document as part of the assessment.
1.1.6. Develop an action plan, based on an agreed approach with Schedule Owner and ORCC management, to address, mitigate and eliminate identified risks from the path to successfully and safely meet the ORCC Level 1 milestones.
1.1.7. Liaise with Scheduling and Schedule Owner to develop a P6 Schedule (What-if Analysis) as part of the action plan, if required.
1.1.8. Understand any potential impacts to Scope, Schedule and / or Planning Basis to determine if interaction with the Change Control process is required.
1.1.9. Work in partnership with the Risk Team to update the ARM Risk Register status and mitigation activities derived from the action plan and approach.
1.1.10. Initiate and maintain stakeholder engagement and communication throughout the intervention's lifecycle.
1.1.11. Identify and document problem areas that may introduce risk to achieving the ORCC schedule milestones for achieving Fuel Load and Commercial Operations.
1.1.12. Define and monitor tasks and metrics to ensure interventions are in scope, on schedule and take corrective action when and as required.
1.1.13. Responsible for properly driving to close interventions, as per defined process, by updating relevant logs, trackers and registers and ensuring proper handovers to the Schedule Owners as required.
1.1.14. Support initiative with Unit 2/3/4 ORCC to ensure consistency of approach across the 2 ORCCs and seek opportunities for continuous improvement through lessons learned.
1.1.15. Document lessons learned, create close out reports providing a concise evaluation, including summary of the Intervention deliverables and activities. Stakeholder Engagement
Academic Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor s Degree in any discipline
• 5 years minimum at least 2 years of Project Management experience
• Previous experience of working within the Nuclear Industry desirable
• Supplier to provide detailed portfolio of relevant and / or similar Projects delivered by the individual
• Supplier to provide copy of degree/certificate translated in English if required.
• Must be able to work on site at Barakah
• PMP or other equivalent Project/Program Management qualification preferred Work locations
• Proficient in English and Excellent MS Office Skills.
Required personal attributes
• All candidates should be capable of obtaining security clearance to include site access passes to all required station locations.
• Supplier to provide nationality and if any other security clearances obtained or on going for proposed consultant/candidate.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.