• Analyze the existing systems and highlight areas of improvement;
• Research opportunities by identifying new software/service to be developed;
• Analyze and decompose complex requirements;
• Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions;
• Document requirements, create functional specifications and prepare wireframes/flowcharts;
• Participate in the development of the product as per specifications;
• Participate in change and configuration management;
• Monitor performance, discover variances and propose necessary actions;
• Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications; and
• Prepare technical user manuals, system configuration documents and other technical reports.
Epic Principle Duties (Applicable for Epic Analyst or Instructional Designer Only)
• Work with clinical operational users to ensure that workflows in the system are clinically accurate and according to MoH, CBAHI, and JCIA standards
• Observe and meet with clinicians at their place of work to validate that configuration is correct and optimized for the relevant medical specialty and/or area requirements
• Update training materials, tip sheets, and training environment to reflect agreed on hospital and clinic workflows
• Schedule and conduct new hire, upgrade, or additional training as required for clinicians and end users accordingly to their specialty area
• Foster and maintain strong communication and collaboration with operational counterparts to build and provide analytical and evidence based tools focused on patient safety and satisfaction
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Information Technology, or
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing, Pharmacy, Informatics or other medical specialty (for Epic Clinical Analyst and Instructional Designers Only)
• At least 5 years experience in project management
• Strong understanding of project management methodology and framework preferably with PMP certificate
• Strong track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of IT projects
• Ability to manage relationships with business customer
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills(written and oral) & interpersonal skills
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in IT field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in their area of specialization;
• Analytical and investigative skills;
• Ability to understand the bigger picture;
• Working knowledge of data and process modelling;
• Elicitation and comprehension skills; and
• Grip over database concepts like DBMS, ETL and SQL.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
• Ensure alignment of projects with the business strategy and objectives
• Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope documents, risk assessments and budgets.
• Lead efforts around work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
• Comply with project management methodologies and assure that proper quality standards are maintained during project execution and delivery.
• Report and manage project risks, issues, dependencies, and scope changes with all stakeholders and facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation as required
• Coach project team members on basic project management practices as needed.
• Report project performance and target to meet business expectations and the agreed service level agreement