Trace Systems , headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded in 1999 to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad whenever and wherever . We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
Job Title : IT Project Engineer
Job Location: Iraq
Security Clearance: Secret
Consult in a specific functional area of project. Support the development of work plans to fulfill Government requirements. Provide technical and engineering expertise in the translation of functional requirements and design criteria. Research, analyze, and translate data into qualitative and quantitative technical requirements to allow for planning and project start-up, including site survey and analysis, identification of requirements, statement of existing systems/equipment/technologies, considerations and comparisons of solutions, recommendations, scheduling and implementation schedules, work breakdown structures, logistics support, and cost estimates. Support the investigation of solutions to problems in an assigned technology area, e.g. wireless service for Army Network, Virtual Desktop deployment, Full Motion Video (FMV), and Service or Network criteria for transitioning to Cloud services. Support formulation of milestone schedules or other documented plans. Review, analyze, evaluate, and confirm that systems/networks infrastructure requirements are appropriately addressed in all design documents. Prepare documentation (e.g., Base Electronic Systems Engineering Plans (BESEPs), Installation Design Plans (IDPs) and interface specifications based on system survey results and resident existing information. Ensure the layout and formatting of these technical work products shall be in accordance with DOD, Army, and customer instructions, standards, and specifications. Conduct site surveys to determine the optimum location and configuration for equipment and system installations, modifications, or upgrades, including any site preparation requirements. Surveys and studies shall include evaluation of Heating and Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical power, and building structural and mechanical requirements. Analyze the collected data, perform the necessary calculations to make technical recommendations, and prepare technical reports and documentation for specific installation, modification, or upgrade projects. Create computer aided design drawings in support of project designs.
• Provide military leadership with guidance and assistance in translating functional requirements and design criteria
• Provide recommendations and suggestions regarding project plans and implementation activities
• Provide recommendations for potential solutions to be implemented
• Perform other duties as required
• DoD 8570.01 IAT-II Compliant
• 10 Years of IT engineering experience in a DOD environment
• 5 Years of Project Management experience in an enterprise environment
• Must be a US Citizen
Demonstrated experience with the following protocols and technologies, to include but not limited to:
• Network hardware and software maintenance, to include patches, preventive maintenance, modifications, and network emergency repair
• Computer Aided Design, AutoCAD
• HVAC, Power Generation(electrical) and ISP/OSP
• Microsoft server based enterprise environments
• Virtualization and SAN/Storage concepts
• Gathering all pertinent environmental, engineering, configuration, and design information relevant to site conditions, such as survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geological data
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desired
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems ! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com . #jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact email@example.com
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.