IT Specialist & Test Center Administrator
The fundamental task of the IT Specialist is to ensure that computer equipment and systems work reliably and smoothly, facilitating the work of personnel and causing the least disruption possible to staff and clients of AMIDEAST. The IT Specialist has the primary responsibility for all computer equipment and related peripherals and activities, including maintenance of the Windows networks and workstation hardware and software, user support, and training of staff users in accordance with company policies and procedures administered by Information Technologies AMIDEAST headquarters in Washington DC. The IT Specialist also interfaces with the Director of Information Technologies and Office Systems at AMIDEAST headquarters in the US on the planning, maintenance and operational aspects of Information Technologies in Kuwait and other organization-wide issues.
In addition to IT duties, we will also look to the IT specialist to serve as a Test Center Administrator. The primary role of the TCA is to assist the Head of Testing with all tasks related to the successful management of Prometric testing activities as well as the successful administration of all Prometric and ETS test administrations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain hardware and software for employees, resource centers and training rooms.This includes maintaining servers and workstations, installation of new workstations or other equipment, ensuring printers work on the network, installing/formatting/troubleshooting new or malfunctioning software.
• Administer and maintain functionality of Active Directory, File, and Print servers.
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot local LAN, WAN, Wireless and telephone infrastructure.
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network environment including devices, network ports, Switches, Patch Panels, and Patch cords.
• Manage network policies, strategies and applications, track and manage usage and disk space.
• Perform regular backup and restore activities to protect data.
• Plan and implement effective policies to ensure security of network, including protection of data and network resources against viruses and other threats in accordance with companywide policies and procedures.
• Ensure software is updated and appropriate for AMIDEAST needs; be proactive in keeping abreast with technology and trends.
• Create and maintain user and group accounts on the AMIDEAST server; ensure that each user can log onto the network and access resources.
• Work with local Ministry of Communications, internet, phone and other technology service providers.
• Responsible of the security system in the premises (surveillance, alarm, fire, etc.),
• Setup and maintain phone systems.
• Monitor usage of communications devices and services (office phones, cellular and wireless systems).
• Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
• Provide network support to users and maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
User Support and Training:
• Respond to Helpdesk tickets and solve user problems such as computer and printer difficulties, software problems, email, etc.
• Train staff, both formally and informally, in the use of office software, particularly Office 365, Word & Excel.
• Administer computer-based tests according to Prometric s standard operation procedures
• Physically proctor Prometric candidates through video, physical walk-through and the observation window
• Perform all security procedures such as scanning candidates with a metal detector wand and pockets-out policy
• Prohibit candidates from taking or accessing unauthorized items
• Proctor all testing activities to adhere to strict security procedures to ensure Digital Video Recording [DVR] and on-site audits are successful
• Ensure the integrity and professional character of Prometric testing programs
• Assist with iBT Verifications prior to TOEFL iBT sessions
• Proctor TOEFL iBT administrations as per ETS testing standards
• Proctor TOEFL ITP administrations as per ETS testing standards
• Ensure sufficient computer-related supplies are ordered and on hand, including diskettes, cables, etc.
• Handle IT procurement according to AMIDEAST s procurement procedure.
• Maintain software library and inventory of computer hardware and software.
• Arrange for upgrading of older computers, hardware repairs, etc.
• Work with the regional IT manager on planning the annual IT budget for the office.
• Work closely with the regional IT manager on technology improvements and changes as needed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent
• (2-3) years of experience in similar position,
• Technical training in IT areas of network administration or related field
• Working knowledge of Microsoft servers environment and infrastructure
• Proficient in major operating systems and Microsoft Office suite
• Certification in A+, Network+, ITIL, MCP, or MCTS is a plus
• Precise attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure and at irregular hours
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills
• Must possess a high degree of integrity
• Able to work cooperatively on a team
• Friendly, outgoing, and professional attitude
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Able to potentially make a long-term commitment to the job
Physical Requirements: This position requires sitting (50%), standing (15%), and walking (35%). Some additional physical requirements are as follows:
• Ability to lift 20 - 25 pounds
• Requires computer responsibilities involving extensive use of keyboard, mouse and monitor
• May require sporadic and extensive copying responsibilities
• May, on occasion, require hours in excess of 8 per day or 40 per week and a flexible work schedule