IWE Welding Engineer (Immediate Joiner Required)
B.Tech/M.tech Mechanical / Industrial / Production / Metallurgy / Welding
Min 10 years experience, 2 years of experience should have gained in the Middle East preferably with IWE certification
Contract Duration : 12 Months
Shall have desk experience in majority of his experience and expertise in Static package welding processes.
'1. Review and approve vendor’s/ contractors proposed welding procedure specifications, construction welding procedure specifications and procedure qualification records.
2. Advising and guiding vendor/ contractor in developing and qualifying welding procedure specifications
3. Developing Welding specifications to ensure integrity of equipment and facilities used in oil and gas project.
4. Review and modification of existing welding specifications based on field experience and developments taking place in oil and gas industry.
5. Maintain welder’s qualification records and performance records.
6. Carrying out failure analysis and finding solutions to welding related problems.
' Mandatory requirements 1. Minimum 6 years of experience as Welding Engineer in Engineering/ Procurement / Construction/ Fabrication and installation of pressure equipment/ piping/ pipeline/ tanks in oil and gas industry.
2. Capable in preparation of WPS and qualify welding procedures, selection of welding consumables, identification of suitable welding process for job.
3. Sound technical knowledge in various welding process SMAW, SAW, GTAW, GMAW/ FCAW etc
4. Knowledge in welding of CS/SS/DSS/SDSS/Nickel alloy/ high alloy material etc
5 CSWIP/AWS shall not substitute as an acceptable qualification for Welding Engineer in lieu of the requirements given above.
6. Experience of working to and fully conversant with international codes (ANSI/ASME, ASTM, API, BS, EN, MSS, ISO, etc.) used in oil and gas industry,used in oil and gas industry, ERDs, SPs, STDs (PDO documents), including Shell DEPs.