Main Role & Responsibilities:
• To develop software ensuring that the design and development are carried out as efficiently as possible with high quality output.
• Ensure that the developments meet the technical output requirements and applicable standards including test coverage.
• To work closely with the senior developers, technical architects and the Project Manager to ensure that the software meets delivery time frames and architectural vision.
• Good understanding of relevant technical skills, coupled with desire to be involved with defining technical standards and best practices for the development team
• Understand and seek to understand further the business requirements.
• Work cooperatively with user experience designers where appropriate.
• Support QA testers and amend defects throughout the project lifecycle
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Basic Requirements (Essential): Good Computer Science degree or similar.
+ Basic Requirements (Essential):
• Has worked in a similar environment.
• Strong core Java 7, 8
• Proficient with Java EE 6 server side API's, EJB3, JMS, JPA, Hibernate.
• Expertise with XML, Xpath, XSLT, XML Schema, Spring
• Understanding of development best practice, OOA, design patterns, GoF, MVC, etc
• Proficient database design; Oracle MS SQL Server, SQL
• Experience with TDD, BDD, Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Lean), JUnit, TestNG
+ Ideal Requirements (Advantageous):
• Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
• RESTful API's, JBoss EAP 6
• Subversion, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, JBOSS AS/Tomcat
• Apache MyFaces (CODI)
• Basic Requirements (Essential): Good verbal and written English.