A DMCC (JLT) based upstream Oil Company is seeking an Arabic speaking, experienced HR Manager capable of both driving the strategy and delivering the results. Occasional travel to Iraq is required.
The HR Manager is responsible to design, develop and lead strategic HR plans, projects, processes, policies and systems that will support and help coordinate business growth between the field operations in Iraq and the UAE Head Office.
Providing overall leadership and 'hands on' management for HR functional areas including Organizational Design and Manpower Planning, Recruitment/Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Reward, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Performance Management, implementing HR Policy & Procedures, HR Engagement Initiatives, and also manages the Office Administration functions, ensuring high levels of availability, service and efficiency.
Desired Candidate Profile
Key Job Accountabilities:
Develop and lead HR Strategies to support the business goals and drive forward growth.
Lead the design and implementation of Organizational Structure,Job Descriptions, Grade Hierarchy and Salary structures ensuring alignment to industry standards and business needs.
Develop, embed and maintain HR Policies, Procedures and Processes and systems including Worktime Directive, Leaves of Absence, Organizational Design, Salary Management, Recruitment, Business Travel, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Onboarding & Offboarding, Medical, Health, Safety & Environment, Office Administration and IT.
Design and implement a robust performance management process including individual performance objectives, annual performance appraisals, training & development, competency frameworks.
Implement and drive employee engagement strategies and initiatives, ensuring high levels of productivity and work-life balance.
Manage the IT Department and relationship with third party IT provider, ensuring end-to-end IT Infrastructure, security and availability.
Oversee Office Management & Administration activities ensuring maintenance of office services, efficiency and company records. Ensure Company compliance with DMCC regulations.
Direct recruitment strategies, sourcing and selection to ensure required headcount levels are maintained.
Develop and embed HR objectives, budget, KPIs, SLA and reporting dashboards for Senior Management.
Manage effective onboarding and offboarding for all staff.
Project manage HR and Business initiatives, ensuring people strategies are integrated into business plans.
Provide overall leadership to HR Operations, driving process re-engineering initiatives and operations performance to ensure employee filing, time & attendance, leaves of absence planning and daily transactions are processes accurately and efficiently.
• Impeccable professionalism, confidence and the ability to work in a strong team culture displaying integrity at all times.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills to deal with stakeholders at all levels
• Impeccable organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure, while managing a large workload and meeting deadlines
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent Project Management Skills
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently, discretely and with confidentiality.
• Ability of effectively multi-task and operate in a high tempo, flexible environment
• High level of analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent IT skills Microsoft suite, simple accounting, database management, e-mails, internet.
• Excellent understanding of the UAE Labour Law including current and upcoming UAE employment legislation
• Knowledge of HR IS/IT and MIS
• Experience working in a multicultural work force
• Experience working in Oil & Gas industry
• Experience in core HR Functional areas
• Experience in global mobility and recruitment
• Excellent and active professional network
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration/ Human Resource Management.
• Chartered Member/Fellow CIPD or SHRM