Aim of the Role (broad picture)
• Facilitate food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons. Carry out all duties in accordance with tasks and descriptions with reference to established rules and policies.
Key responsibilities (main duties, responsibilities and outputs of the role)
• Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove empty bottles and trash.
• Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
• Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
• Locate items requested by customers.
• Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
• Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
• Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
• Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of restaurants and mop or vacuum floors.
• Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
• Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance.
• Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties in establishments, to facilitate customer service.
• Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, or trays.
• Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from kitchens or supply departments to serving counters.
• Garnish foods and position them on tables to make them visible and accessible.
• Carry linens to or from laundry areas.
• Stock refrigerating
• Slice and pit fruit used to garnish drinks.
• Run cash registers.
• Wash glasses or other serving equipment at bars.
• Replenish supplies of food or equipment at steam tables or service bars.
• Carry trays from food counters to tables.
Industry Type :
Restaurants / Catering / Food Services
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk