Basic Knowledge & Understanding on:
• Operating Principles & Performance Characteristics of:
o Primary, Secondary and Quality Devices
o A range of flow computer models
• Fiscal, Allocation and ETS Metering Systems
• Process Engineering, Sampling, and Control Systems
• Principles and Practice of measurement, to include Errors, Accuracy & Uncertainty
• Compliance with OGA Guidelines; relevant Pipeline Commercial Agreements and Regulations
• How to access and interpret information from Certificates of Calibration and Standards
• Identification and application of Measurement Industry Best Practice, regardless of world area
• The sources and treatment of Errors and Mismeasurement within Metering Systems
• Device Handling Techniques
• Traceability of Test Equipment
• Managing & dealing with Conflicting Priorities
• Own responsibilities under Company Personnel Policies
• Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Excel)
• It is essential that the job holder has a recognized, relevant trade qualification n electro instrumentation engineering degree is preferred.
• 5 to 10 years working as an Electro Instrumentation metering specialist having completed a recognized Instrument apprenticeship within the Refining, or Oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work within client specific “Safe systems of Work” (eg Control of Work, Permit, Risk Assessment etc).
• Demonstrate an understanding of client Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), including Preventative & Corrective Maintenance Scheduling, Planning and Compliance.
• Carry out pre-site and on-site preparation of routine tasks. (Define work scope and methodology; prepare equipment; consumables; materials and documentation. Obtain relevant permissions and deal with operational issues accordingly).
• Maintain Primary; Secondary & Quality Devices against procedures, standards and uncertainties and in accordance with client (CMMS) schedules and plans.
• Verify measurement data and flow calculations between field instrumentation and flow calculation devices.
• Carry out re-instatement of equipment and post job operations, including performing calculations, highlighting potential mismeasurements, data validation, documentation upkeep and reporting. Completion of work orders/instructions/logbooks in a timely manner with detailed work history. Take part in close out meetings where appropriate. Understand when equipment is unsuitable for re-instatement or is reading incorrectly.
• Deal promptly and effectively with equipment faults, defects and error messages within your control, and report those that cannot be resolved. Assist with basic fault finding on problematic equipment, with proposed solutions.
• Perform Daily Metering Checks, identify and report anomalies through the appropriate systems in a timely manner.
• Have the ability to start up measurement systems. Have the ability to identify and bring to a fully operational state a measurement system for ongoing operations and routine maintenance.
• Have the ability to shutdown measurement equipment to a safe controlled condition in accordance with operational procedures and manufacturers instructions.
• Assist in commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing of new metering systems or upgrades, to including identification of punch list items & document management.
• Fully responsible for the safe transportation of field and test equipment to/from the work site and calibration laboratories. Including assurance that equipment is in-date, fit for purpose and available for use. Organize rental equipment where required.
• Assist in measurement audits and help to identify key areas for improvement and compliance, including elimination of audit points.
• Assist in the management of 3rd party personnel and vendors at site, ensuring that work is carried out safely as per the agreed scope.
• Demonstrate an understanding of client safety systems, expectations, delivery of work scope and provision of service.
• Provide clear, accurate and prompt information when requested from platform personnel or metering engineer in relation to Metering Systems compliance & issues.
• Be able to communicate effective at all levels of the organisation and understand the need for good working relationships. Treat colleagues in a manner which promotes and maintains goodwill.
• Carry out measurement & HSE handovers and ensure that information given to you is accurate. Action findings from previous handovers.
• Contribute to the maintenance of a safety culture and identify issues that may impact safe systems of work. Take part in client safety briefings and report findings, outcomes and lessons learned.
• Ensure that areas within your responsibility are maintained to a professional standard, clean and hazard free.
• Ensure client commercially sensitive data and information is secured.
• Coordinate with vendor on continuous quality improvement.
• Comply with INTECH health and safety policies and general site safety rules and to report any injury, near miss or potentially unsafe condition / hazard or any other occurrence which may cause injury to personnel damage to equipment or affect the local environment using the correct reporting lines.
• Support and comply with Quality, HSE, Company Policies and ISO management system documentations and implementations
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :