Service Desk operator is the first point of contact to users requiring support. The experienced operator interacts with users (phone, email etc. ) and ensures end user interactions are managed successfully until closure using agreed standard processes and tools.
Service Desk operator leverages other technical teams to resolve incident and/or fulfill service requests while maintaining effective communication with users.
The primary service of the experienced Service Desk operator is to ensure that end user interaction channels (email, phone, walkins) are properly handled as per established procedures and are continuously improved for a better end user experience.
Services include but are not limited to.
• Ensuring that Service Desk phone/mail box is, promptly, attended to during work hours.
• Ensuring that all support calls are logged on the system.
• Classifying, prioritizing and categorizing support calls.
• Conducting Initial diagnosis and understanding.
• Resolving IT technical support calls over the phone whenever possible.
• Assigning requests to the right technician promptly and as needed.
• Follow up on status of open requests with the technician and users
• Monitors the availability of support resources to ensure that sufficient staffing to address call volume during peak times and escalates as needed to improve coverage.
• Monitoring SLA and escalate as necessary.
• Coordinate communication and resolution activities of critical tickets.
• Ensures that interactions are closed satisfactorily.
• Key contributor to achieving high user satisfaction through proper communication and follow-through with involved IT resources to resolve incidents and complete service requests within agreed SLA, continuous monitoring/auditing of service desk interaction channels (to assure quality and timeliness of handling), continuous monitoring /auditing of aging tickets and continuous improvement of relevant procedures.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in providing technical support for a medium size organization (500 users or above).
• Used an ITIL based Service Desk Tool is a must.
• Graduate/Diploma of computer science or technical IT field.
• ITIL Foundation certification is a must.
• Have Relevant technical Certifications (A+, MCDST…)
• Operated in a professional call center is a must.
• Has worked in an ITIL based service desk operation in a similar role and with a proven record of achieving excellent support delivery KPIs.
• Excellent technical experience in Microsoft Desktop technologies (OS, IE, Office, Outlook,..).
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop.
• Experience troubleshooting network, software, printing, phone, and PDA problems.
• Have leveraged a call center management tool to coordinate call center team activities (availability, missed calls, queue waiting
• Good understanding key IT technologies (Internet, Intranet, Telephony, Networks, Enterprise Applications, etc.)